• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED The Water-Cooled System picture thread!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
onefstsnake got it right. The third picture down is a bit too dark to see the RX240. It would be nice to think that the bottom right hose fed in to an extra dimension of infinite radiatorage and airflow. :comp:

Thank you MedRed and Evochuck :)

I'll create a topic for this later on... has anyone seen a heightening mod done to the top of a case to fit an extra 55mm thick radiator?

Thinking of shaping an aluminum box that can house another RX240 then mount it through a cutout on top.

onefstsnake got it right. The third picture down is a bit too dark to see the RX240. It would be nice to think that the bottom right hose fed in to an extra dimension of infinite radiatorage and airflow. :comp:

Thank you MedRed and Evochuck :)

I'll create a topic for this later on... has anyone seen a heightening mod done to the top of a case to fit an extra 55mm thick radiator?

Thinking of shaping an aluminum box that can house another RX240 then mount it through a cutout on top.

man, i'm impressed you can run that on 120.3 total raddage...what the temps look like?

Nice color scheme, and wiring job TalHoward. Really liking the individually sleeved look, I might have to spend a day re-wiring my 24 pin and pci-e cables

m0r7if3r,

1.25V on GTX 480 maxes out at 57C after thirty minutes of Furmark.

1.4V on i7 940 maxes out at 70C after an hour and a half of LinX.

Besides the stress and stability test temps. Playing a game like Crysis or Dragon Age for a few hours will yeild a Max GPU of 51C and max CPU of 62C from realtemp.

Thank you Anti_808.

It took two days of my free time to sleeve the cables, be prepared for numb fingers and slightly burnt carpet/fingers/arms. :p

Edit: Someone should ask what is supporting the GTX480... it's great.

Edit: MedRed, I can't stop thinking about adding some 'throttle body' intakes around your radiators/fans. It would be ready to take off.

Last edited:
m0r7if3r,

Besides the stress and stability test temps. Playing a game like Crysis or Dragon Age for a few hours will yeild a Max GPU of 51C and max CPU of 62C from realtemp.

Out of curiosity, what is your ambient and is the CPU temp with HT off?

m0r7if3r,

Thank you Anti_808.

It took two days of my free time to sleeve the cables, be prepared for numb fingers and slightly burnt carpet/fingers/arms. :p

Edit: Someone should ask what is supporting the GTX480... it's great.

Edit: MedRed, I can't stop thinking about adding some 'throttle body' intakes around your radiators/fans. It would be ready to take off.

those are some great temps! What is holding up your 480? why does it need to be supported?

Out of curiosity, what is your ambient and is the CPU temp with HT off?

Ambient is about 23-24C or around 74-75F. HT is on.

The card weighs a ton with the EK block and it was sagging towards the rear.

So I cut a cheap plastic ball-point pen with a razor and stuck it inside a cut piece of old 3/4"OD tygon tubing to prop it up.

So I cut a cheap plastic ball-point pen with a razor and stuck it inside a cut piece of old 3/4"OD tygon tubing to prop it up.

Amazing! And the pen tube doesn't show any signs of stress? How long have you been using it to prop up the card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back