• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tubing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Change your pump to a Maxijet 1200. Costs about $20, and is far quieter and more reliable than the Via Aqua, at least from what I've heard. Also, ditch the resevoir. There's really no point in having one, but if you really don't want a T-Line, a 1 gallon milk bottle could serve fine a resevoir. However, with either the Maxijet or Via Aqua, the Via Aqua especially, using water without additives is potentially quite dangerous. I use a couple of teaspoons of Antifreeze. Does nothing to cooling performance, and give me a little peace of mind. I think most of your questions on tubing have been answered, but I'll say this anyways; tubing type really doesn't matter at all as long as you have tubing that won't kink. I use generic braided tubing myself, which cost me only $.29/foot at my local hardware store. Thicker tubing is harder to manage though, that is to say its harder to cram it into your case, so to make things easier on yourself, going with the fancy stuff just may help.

Gautam said:
Change your pump to a Maxijet 1200. Costs about $20, and is far quieter and more reliable than the Via Aqua, at least from what I've heard. Also, ditch the resevoir. There's really no point in having one, but if you really don't want a T-Line, a 1 gallon milk bottle could serve fine a resevoir. However, with either the Maxijet or Via Aqua, the Via Aqua especially, using water without additives is potentially quite dangerous. I use a couple of teaspoons of Antifreeze. Does nothing to cooling performance, and give me a little peace of mind. I think most of your questions on tubing have been answered, but I'll say this anyways; tubing type really doesn't matter at all as long as you have tubing that won't kink. I use generic braided tubing myself, which cost me only $.29/foot at my local hardware store. Thicker tubing is harder to manage though, so to make things easier on yourself, going with the fancy stuff just may help.

I am assembling a resivour for him that is just liek bayres instead of him being raped for the premium price of it.

I have heard taht the maxijet and aqua are abotu the same performance wise... dunno... its kinda heads tails from what i have seen

xX~EXCELSIOR~Xx said:

I am assembling a resivour for him that is just liek bayres instead of him being raped for the premium price of it.

ROFL, yeah thanks.

I think I may just go Hydor or Eheim anyway, simply for the reliability, I haven't toally decided, and I am pretty sure I am going to go ahead and get the ClearFlex 60. Thanks for all your useful input guys. :)

Ok, Eheim it is...now to decide between the 1250 or the 1060...Is the flowrate really that much of a benefit, since I will be cooling my NB also?

xX~EXCELSIOR~Xx said:

I have heard that the maxijet and aqua are about the same performance wise... dunno... its kinda heads tails from what i have seen
(btw, took liberty to correct typos, no biggy)

maxis have better reliability than via aquas (sp?). I have a maxijet 1200 and it works perfectly fine for me.

Jon

Daedelus said:

(btw, took liberty to correct typos, no biggy)

maxis have better reliability than via aquas (sp?). I have a maxijet 1200 and it works perfectly fine for me.

Jon

Im on pain killers for my arm this month.. dont mind the typos sorry ;)

But the experience of just one user is so/so... ih ave heard a LOT of stuff about maxijets not being too great... same with aquas...h eard less bout aquas than maxijets. Just my experience

Oh and if your worried about money try looking on ebay. Ebay is way cheaper than any of the online stores. I was looking at an eheim 1048 for only 20. Bay reservoir for 10 also.

xX~EXCELSIOR~Xx said:

Im on pain killers for my arm this month.. dont mind the typos sorry ;)

But the experience of just one user is so/so... ih ave heard a LOT of stuff about maxijets not being too great... same with aquas...h eard less bout aquas than maxijets. Just my experience

I guess you only get an "OK" reliability with how cheap they are :p

Jon

I am also going to build a system for my friend when he gives me the money, and I figured 10' a person. Is that too much?

Back