• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TurboV overclocking (software)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Okay, tell you what, Scott, can you please explain why it would freeze if I go from 186bclk to 133bclk? At this scenario I'm not overclocking, why would it grease?

I dont think that was a option back then , didnt that come around Ivy ?

It is an option on my motherboard at least with my 860 but they call it something different. I can check it when I get home Sunday or Monday. I know when I take it off of auto voltage it gives me the option for static or peak/adaptive, that second beeing is the one that allows it to clock down. Then the c-states tech needs to be turned on plus windows needs the power plan set to Balanced or power savings.

On mine, it's either auto or "key in number directly"
What mobo do you have, sir? Mine's p6t Del.

Okay, tell you what, Scott, can you please explain why it would freeze if I go from 186bclk to 133bclk? At this scenario I'm not overclocking, why would it grease?

Pending your settings, a strap change or lack there of, can do that.
Just an example mind you. I do not have your equipment in front of me.

Me.Scott, sir, I'll post them up a little later, I'm,outside right now.

Locheley, don't they all, sir.. Mine will throttle when temps reach 80 and only way to get out of it is a restart :)

I would like to see just how stable you are or aren't.
Will it finish CineBench 15 at 4.0 with all threads active?
How about 3.9 or 3.5?

Okay, occt+itunes+realbench ran 1he 9mins stable. Realbench was slow because occt was taking up all resources, so now I killed occt and left Realbench and iTunes running. Still rocking!

Probably goid enough, eh?

Well what do you need? You're asking a toddler a complex quantum equation..I'm newb, explain in steps what you need, sir!:chair:

Cpu passes, but openGL shows this: (then chase sequence runs)
View attachment 195692

Wow! That's something I would expect if you roasted your GPU so hard, lol. Or like I would expect, when the GPU is being as unstable as Charles Manson. (or the VRAM being as unstable as Charles Manson...)

I wasn't even 100 percent sure if that test could even really catch an unstable system... Do you think this was QPI instability? Or PCI-E instability?

When I ran that test on my GeForce GT 640, I don't remember it being good for stability testing. Definitely not like Unigine Heaven! Unigine Heaven would fail when most didn't fail. IIRC, usually would crash with a generic error or freeze, like an old-skool Nintendo crash...
Or Unigine Heaven fails with the dreaded "Display driver stopped responding and has successfully recovered." (or similar) error message...

Last edited:
Heh, that's interesting. R u sure it isn't a bug in soft? She always runsstock
Fired up occt gpu test

Edit: so fat so goo
View attachment 195739

Edit2: now furmark
View attachment 195740

"3.23" for 3.3V rail, seems to be a bug, the exact same thing as my Asus socket 462 motherboards, LOL.

And the temp reading means you probably need more air flow to the GPU, the high GPU temp, is possibly caused by your sound card or whatever card you got so close to the GPU fan... Or the default GPU fan speed is laughably slow, like the VBIOS of my eVGA GeForce GTX 1060 SC 3 GB...

Wow, very good eye, sir!
-3.23, I was always wondering about that too. Seems to work though..
-The fan curve is very modest, lets temps climb. It's always behind. Not even at 100%. It's PNY card.
-yes I have a sound card, but it's above the gfx, so shouldn't be an issue.

Back