• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TurkOC BIOS for Iwill KK266

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mfmaricle

I've seen links to a BIOS for the Iwill KK266 modified by TurkOC to add memory tweaking options. I'm tempted to try it, but I have never flashed a BIOS, and I do not know the risk of using an unproven BIOS.

Has any reader either flashed an Iwill KK266 BIOS or tried the TurkOC modified BIOS?

Woooo dude...be REAL CAREFUL. If you screw it up, you pc will never start again. You will have to send the BIOS chip back to the company, to have it re-flashed before you can restart your pc. Me personally, I would be standing by with a bios back up. Basically its another bios chip, you can buy them, but i'm not sure where, they are flashed of course. And remember, when in the middle of flashing, remember one thing:

DO NOT TOUCH ANYTHING. Until it says its done, don't punch anything, DO NOT reset the system, PRAY the power does not go out, if anything interrupts this operation...your SCREWED. ;D

I forgot, as far as "tweak" bios's go, if it works cool, but I would let a lot of other people do it first. That way, if something gets jacked up, you have something to laugh at. ;D

mfmaricle (Feb 22, 2001 07:48 p.m.):
I've seen links to a BIOS for the Iwill KK266 modified by TurkOC to add memory tweaking options. I'm tempted to try it, but I have never flashed a BIOS, and I do not know the risk of using an unproven BIOS.

Has any reader either flashed an Iwill KK266 BIOS or tried the TurkOC modified BIOS?

Look around on the web - there are a couple of sites that reviewed the board and they used the turc bios. It's not new, just a modified version that allows for tweaks. Instructions on flashing should be availble in the manual or on Iwill's website www.iwill.net

Good luck

Yo

KK266 with Tbird@1335/157MHz

P.s.: What are you running on the board and where are you at?

Back