• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tyan Thunder K8SR S2881 Motherboard + FREE Dual CPU's Today!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
lol pay phone. I'll just have them call me, that should be a simple request by email.

payphone omg that'd b expensive. sorry i didnt think about the fact that not everyone has cell phones. either way good luck man im sure they will take care of u as they did me.

My best guess is they had these boards stacked up vertically and the pile got knocked over a few times...

I thought that site was sketchy..

Well no reply from them.... However, I did get an email from fed ex about a package being sent to me today, since its the same carrier and weight I can only guess it's a working board. Funny they didn't reply to me though.

if anyone else grabbed this board I think I should mention that if you buy a clip style HSF you will need the top part of the cpu retention bracket. If it is one of the few with just a single screw on either side you will be fine but otherwise they are fairly pricey to buy on their own. I recommend looking for a cooler that either includes the bracket or is the 2 screw model I mentioned above. The bracket looks like this:
attachment.php

i hear ya ben i dont get mine until tomorrow. when they first posted it on the site it said it was gonna be usps so i was stoked (would have had it last thurs) then i get and email with tracking for fedex :( . I dont know about anyone else but they have always been slow(almost as slow as DHL) for me.

umm not sure what I could use these old 940 setups for. but good price considering they are enterprise grade components.

Two words: Folding Farm.
Least that's what i'd use 'em for.

Buy a bunch and a stack of dual core CPUs and you have two VMs per 1u(2u?) rack space.

Two words: Folding Farm.
Least that's what i'd use 'em for.

Buy a bunch and a stack of dual core CPUs and you have two VMs per 1u(2u?) rack space.

Perhaps, but keep in mind that the TDP of most dual core 2xx Opterons is around 95W (so 190W total), and although there are High Efficiency versions that are around 55W, these are rare and still pricey. It's probably best to just get a cheap S775 motherboard with a lower-end Intel or AMD quad core and perhaps augment it with a GPU.

well I got my new board in today and I am very satisfied. This board looks brand new and they even through in a riser card and the remote management adapter as you can see in the pics below:
014xa.jpg

019mr.jpg

015tw.jpg

022np.jpg

021ow.jpg

I wont get to test the board till this weekned but i will be sure to report back when I do.

Is that static-y bubble wrap in the packaging? I can't see any pink coloring that the anti-static stuff usually has in your pictures.

The power supply MUST be EPS12V/SSI - with the 8 pin MB connector. I wasn't anticipating this, I was hoping I had a spare that would work, so I don't have the power supply yet from NewEgg. I pulled a compatable unit from another server I have for testing of all the parts.

I remember when I first went dual CPU with the Asus K8N-DL, I cheated with the 8 pin connector and used a 4 pin to 8 pin adaptor cable. I even used a lower-end TTGI 550W PSU and I had no problems.

Back