• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Upgrading my processor

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

thatbonokid

Hello life savers! im back for some pro advice!

Im running this mother board on a phenom 560 3.3 dual core http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/AMD_AM3/M4N68TM_V2/#CPUS

I have a AMD 560 on h100 watr cooling, 4 gigs ddr 1333, and an ati 5850 with an aftermarket cooler.

All of my games run pretty decent besides Battlefield 3.

Im curious as to what i should upgrade in my computer to get an enjoyable performance out of it. Ive been seeing the 4 core phenoms running around 100 dollars, which do you think i should pick up? ive got about 130 dollars and want to make the best upgrade. Thank you for your time.\

what do you mean by splurge lol. Link me the best processor i could buy for under 120 bucks, i see alot for 100$ that i think would do good. I can up the speed by 500mhz on any other processors, easily. without voltage

Already explained. The 960T is a Thuban based CPU a hexacore with two locked cores. The 965 is a normal Deneb quad core.

You can't buy any of these new. You have to get them used.

I thought the whole point was trying to find CPUs that work in the motherboard you have...

yeah, any am3 should work in here. Just wondering if i should get one of the 955-975 BE's or does this 3.0 960 have better performance?

Equal. Get any of the one's you mention since they are all disappearing from the retail market as new. Soon there will not be any.

how would overclocking work on this thing then? if i got the 955, wouldnt it be better since i could sit it around 3.8? im about to go purchase one so quick input would be greatly appreciated

Back