• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Vcore, Vdd, Vddq modded X800XT-PE....air cooled!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
OBLIVIONLORD said:
Does that guy sell the cards already modded with the heatsinks and everything on them and how much would he charge for the Xt-Pe?

I am not sure about the cards...I sent him mine to mod. With all of the mods, shipping & insurance it was $197...that was with free labor due to the fact that my card was the first XT that he did so he gave me the free labor and used my card to get his supersink diminsions & mods set for the X800 series of mods. Yeah it was expensive...but I feel that it was well worth it. V.J. is the best of the best. I will definately be using him for my R500 for 1/H 2005.

OBLIVIONLORD said:
Does that guy sell the cards already modded with the heatsinks and everything on them and how much would he charge for the Xt-Pe?

Shoot me an Email Normally I do not buy/mod/sell new cards unless they are going to a country
where the price of a new card is ridiculously high to begin with. It can be cheaper for the end
user in a foreign country that way some times with shipping and all.

I prefer people buy there own cards and use them for a 150-200 hours or so to get past the
normal infancy failure period that some new cards will fail in/during.

Viper

ViperJohn said:
Dang I am better than I thought LOL. Way to go Kraig! Be sure Keep an eye on that core temp readout.

Viper

Dude! You're the man! :attn: :attn: :attn:

Heh! I just installed an AC window unti in my computer room...can you say chilled supersinks? :burn:

krag said:
I am not sure about the cards...I sent him mine to mod. With all of the mods, shipping & insurance it was $197...that was with free labor due to the fact that my card was the first XT that he did so he gave me the free labor and used my card to get his supersink diminsions & mods set for the X800 series of mods. Yeah it was expensive...but I feel that it was well worth it. V.J. is the best of the best. I will definately be using him for my R500 for 1/H 2005.

It wasn't the first x800 or x800XT I have done but it was the first production x800 of any flavor.
I do not count engineering sample and preproduction cards.

Remember you got the top of the line everything including the EL System and the new real time,
true die core temp readout options too.

Viper

only 1.58 volts? What is the default voltage on the x800 XT core?? I have my 9800pro at 1.85volts!! :eek:

NO LIFE said:
only 1.58 volts? What is the default voltage on the x800 XT core?? I have my 9800pro at 1.85volts!! :eek:

1.395 volts nominal for a stock x800 XT and 1.335 nominal for a stock x800Pro non/Vivo.

You are soft with your 9800Pro which I regularly run 1.900 - 1.950 depending on the cooler used.

Viper

Last edited:
NO LIFE said:

I don't think I'm gonna bump the voltage up any further either. The 1.58 raised my idle temps by 3.5c degrees from 39c to 42.5c and my load fluctuates from 50c to 52c. I am very happy with 630/621. It runs this speed all-day-long!

Kudos V.P.! :attn: :clap: :attn:

krag said:
I don't think I'm gonna bump the voltage up any further either. The 1.58 raised my idle temps by 3.5c degrees from 39c to 42.5c and my load fluctuates from 50c to 52c. I am very happy with 630/621. It runs this speed all-day-long!

Kudos V.P.! :attn: :clap: :attn:

Generally about 58C (air cooled) while torture looping 3DM01se with the title screens disabled is the
point where any core OC that comes from increased Vcore is just taken right back by increased die
temp. You might be able to squeeze another 10Mhz out of the core but it probably isn't worth it
either...at least not this early in the data game and with RMA cards in zero supply!

Viper

ViperJohn said:
Generally about 58C (air cooled) while torture looping 3DM01se with the title screens disabled is the
point where any core OC that comes from increased Vcore is just taken right back by increased die
temp. You might be able to squeeze another 10Mhz out of the core but it probably isn't worth it
either...at least not this early in the data game and with RMA cards in zero supply!

Viper

So I'm actually good up to 58c?

These gpu's run 70c @ load with stock volts & stock hsf....I assume the extra voltage shortens the "bearable" temp range for these gpu's? Would this be a electromigration threat?

krag said:
So I'm actually good up to 58c?

These gpu's run 70c @ load with stock volts & stock hsf....I assume the extra voltage shortens the "bearable" temp range for these gpu's? Would this be a electromigration threat?

Its the clock speed. As the core speed goes up the temperature of the " no return" on Vcore
increase drops. It is all general trends of course with clock speed, temperature and Vcore all inter
reacting differently with every core.

viper nice stuff M8 can we get voltage read points for vdd and vddq please and size vr's for both mod's??

Wow awesome! I allready seen your work on 9700/9800s. Impressive how professional you do your work.
A question for ViperJohn: (and anyone else who knows a lot about modding ATI cards)
Since i am a poor student i can't afford to let you mod my card. I got a powercolor x800 PRO VIVO. Flashed to 16 pipes. I can run 510/575 in 3dmark and Doom 3 but if i play Joint Ops i get green artifacts on textures with memory above 520!
I think it's a heat issue. People say GDDR3 is cool but the chips get very hot in reality.
I did a pencil vmod to 1.48 and could get the core higher but it went to 85 degrees load wich is too much so i undid the mod.
I plan to buy the arctic cooling VGA silencer 4 wich is cooling the memory as well. People get temp drops of nearly 20 degrees with that cooler i read.

I know it's not as good as your solution but it's easy to mount and cheap.
The card should load around 60-65 max with that cooler applied. What voltage could i go for? 1.45, 1.48 or even 1.5? I only plan to get it stable on XT PE clocks so i can flash in the XT PE bios and don't need to adjust clocks via software anymore. 1.45 should be no problem if i am at 65 degrees right?

Here's a pic of the texture error i get in Joint Ops. Strange that i have no trouble in 3dmark 03 at much higher clocks isn't it? Do you think memory cooling and a vcore increase could help to bump my (1.6ns) memory to 560 mhz?

greendots.JPG

Edit: On Ruby double Cross demo i can run at 500/500 max or i get artifacts in her hair. I can do 520 on core (with a slight vmod to 1.42) but in combination with high memory speed i get artifacts. 485/575 shows no artifacts though so i guess i just need a bit more volts on the GPU.
Didn't try it with higher vcore yet since it got too hot for my liking hen i tried. (Forgot to test ruby then)

Last edited:
OBLIVIONLORD said:
That looks as bad as counterstrike. Is it related?
It's more like Battlefield but with 150 people on one server without any lag. great game but snipers are overpowered right now. :(

OBLIVIONLORD said:
Theres got to be a reason why ATI didnt make the circuit board perfect so you wouldnt have to go through the trouble to do all these mods.

It works to the performance ATi need, if they were to "perfect" the proccess it would cost them more money than the regular customer would need.

That said, at least 50% of people who get this card OC it, i think.

~t0m

Hello all, sorry for busting in on your thread. I'm looking for a guide for the vddq mod. If anyone has a link or know where I can find a quide, please let me know. Thanks in advance

Phil

hello anyone find this so called VDD mod yet "read point"??

come on how can you guys do the mod and not know where to check voltages from? hehe

Back