• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

very good result from 9800 pro to XT flash

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

russm

My best result of 3dmark2003 before my XT flash was 6027 with 2.2ghz cpu and 426/370 for the card.

so i just flashed it the other day, so right now im at stock speed, 2 ghz and the vid card at xt stock speeds, 412/365. my score was 6055. pretty good if you ask me! :beer:

Attachments

• 6055a.JPG
    6055a.JPG
    38.5 KB · Views: 272
will do! i may try tonight, depending how much motivation i have. it would be nice to get a 6100, i wanna try a 2001 too, see what i can get with that now

kept the card at 412/365 and brought the cpu to 2140 mhz, 6120 3dmarks. next goal is to get 6200 with a few more tweaks. :clap:

well did a few more tests today, i put the memory timings on turbo, which is 2-2-2-5 instead of 2.5-3-3-6. at stock speed on the cpu, 2 ghz, and 412/365, i got 6109 3d marks. now (wishing i had bought a different mobo cause i cant change the multiplier without changing the dip switch on the board) i have to raise the FSB to make the cpu go higher, not sure if the memory will like the higher bus speed with these timings.
oh by the way, im not using the memory that is in my signature, i had to put that in my file server for the time being, so im using PC2100 value ram.. only 512mb... that makes this score even more impressive if you ask me.

Final result! im pretty sure i cant squeeze much more out of this current setup, atleast until i get the pc3700 back in this system.

CPU- 2160mhz
GPU- 412/365 xt flash
Memory 2-2-2-5
6202 3dmarks
good to go!

Just wondering......... I have a 9800pro and I set it to XT speeds 412/365. I have not checked what my core is.... doing that later when I get a new heatsink. But at XT speeds my card works perfect, so why flash the bios to XT? Would it be just to get the temp readings if I have a board with the temp chip on it? Other then the temp... whats the advantage to flash the bios -V- just OCing it?

Tighter memory timings and the bios is that of an XT, not sure on exactly what the advantage is, but it works

Max47 said:
Tighter memory timings and the bios is that of an XT, not sure on exactly what the advantage is, but it works

Yes, as far as I know, that's about right...

So kak dela RussM? ;)

LogRus said:
Yes, as far as I know, that's about right...

So kak dela RussM? ;)

eh?
right but... i think if you have the 360 core the xt bios is able to use more of the features of the core, thats why some people complain about not gaining anything, they might have the 350 core. as you can see i gained over 200 points just by doing the xt mod. at lower freq's too

Back