• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Virtual Race News

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mictlan

Senior OC BOINC User
OK guys and girl, again THKS for all your support signing for this virtual race.

The team we will run against are:

Anandtech
AtlonMB.com SETI Team----->Knight of the True Green Cross
Little White Dog----->Little Black Gogs of WAR
Phoenix Rising----->The Mighty Flaming Phoenix (current champions)
Planet 3Dnow!----->Planet of Glory
SETI TEAM @ OC-CARD.de
SETI.Germany

As soon as I get the file from Anandtech and decide how the cmp files will be developed, I'll post a link to someplace where you can download them, to be used with SETI Team if you want to keep track of all the blow to blow competition.

Millhouse from TPR is developing a web page where the current WU will be show (I don't know if this would be real time or what) but that will be the official stats, as they are going to be pulled directly from berkeley.

A forum is open where you can flame, taunt and in general socialize with the other teams. If you feel like drop there to say hi!!!!!

Also you can go to the other teams forums and taunt them there. ;)

Remember, the start of the race will be next Saturday, so I would suggest that all your cache dumping be next Sunday or Monday.

So keep on crunching guys. We need to increase our output as the competition seems to be rough and the will be no space to breath as soon as this starts!!!!!

Can a mod sticky this one, that way this will reamin visible a long the race ;)

Last edited:
to clarify for those of us who are slow this morning, that is "next saturday" as in this saturday, the first of feb, correct?

Ok, my time is EST, or -5 UTC, so come 7pm tonight I could go ahead and dump if i wanted to, correct? I ask because my queues are getting low, and I'm not about to let SetiQueue connect to download, because it automatically uploads.

I'll most likely wait until midnightish, so i know that it's early morning UTC.

under SetiQueue settings

Upload pending results = disabled

and remember in 2 hours the Race beginn

regards
Sir Ulli

Ok, I assume that "It's On!", so, verify that to me, and I'll send off this 200WU load from me and august.

*edit*
@Sir Ulli

well, I found that line in the client.ini file, however changing it, and restarting the queue server had no affect, upon allowing the server back on the internet it started sending results (though it's only gotten a few so far, seems berkeleys not so good atm..), I checked the client.ini file and the TRUE had been up back in there for "UploadResults", so I'm just going to let it run, 'sides, it's now after 1:00am UTC.

Good luck to all, and may we open up a can!! ;) :)

Last edited:
Universal Time Clock I'm pretty sure..

And DAMN! I started my dump of WUs about...4 hours ago, and it's only a little more than half way done, sure it's going between filling in the empty queues, and sending the results, but the max speeds I saw earlier were like..4KBps download from berkeley..yeesh.

Back