• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Voltages too low for Antec SL400?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

VeiL0

Hey fellas, it seems my PSU is running out of juice or something. I have a Antec SmartPower 400 watt and it's running hot with a upgraded exhaust fan. I've been running this setup for a while and have been stable but I will be OC'ing beyond 3200+ pretty soon so I dunno if this PSU can keep up. :(

These are my rails:

My VCore flucates from 1.62-1.70 pretty often.
3.3V = usually stays between 3.23-3.25 mainly 3.25 tho
5V = 4.92 most of the time sometimes 4.95
12V = most unstable volt line i have sometimes dips to 11.73 but mainly sitting 11.80 and 11.86
-12V = fluctuates but usually at -12.61
-5V = at -5V

PSU Ratings:
+5V +12V +3.3V
38A 18A 28A

+5 and +3.3 combines to make 240W Max
all rails combined for 380W max

My rig:
2500+ at 11x200 with stock voltage (1.65)
MSI K7N2-L with v5.6 Bios
2x256 Mushkin Lvl.2 PC3200 ram at 2.7V
Radeon 9800 Pro stock
Swiftech MCP600 pump (for water-cooling)
SB Live! Value
48x CD-RW
Floppy Drive
80mm sparkle fan for the PSU
80 Vantec Tornado on the radiator
80mm Tt Smart Case Fan II for the front
Vantec Nexus Fan Controller
WD 160GB Ultra100 8mb
WD 40GB Ultra100 2mb

Also I've used up all the molex connecters from the power supply. I've been wondering if something is wrong with my psu or I just need more power. Oh and, would a Antec 550 watt be too much or if otherwise can you guys give me suggestions. :)

The SL's aren't the greatest of the Antecs, but the 400 should do ok with your setup though it will be at its limits with an overclock. Blowing warm air is pretty much normal operation for these, but if the air is actually hot it's probably at its limits already.

I don't see a whole lot to be worried about on the MBM/BIOS readings, but would check the 12v with a meter to see if it's the PSU or the motherboard causing the fluctuating readings. The vcore reading has almost no bearing on the PSU, as the board itself regulates that from the 12v or 5v rail depending on the board design (if you have the 4 pin ATX12v connector, it's a 12v board).

If you are in the mood to upgrade, I would suggest the True 480w or better; or the Fortrons above 400w.

Yea, I'm gonna get a mulitmeter and check out my 12v rail to see what's up. Since I'm gonna be adding fans and such I will be upgrading, but I've noticed that not much heat is being put out anymore. So weird and random hehe :confused:

i have a smartpower 400 aswell... what i heard is that its a350W really.........:confused: aswell!!!

Back