• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Watch Dogs 2 Wants to Monitor Your System

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kenrou

https://www.techpowerup.com/228257/...monitors-systems-potentially-prevents-modding - report

https://www.techpowerup.com/228363/...tor-your-system-but-you-need-not-let-it-do-so - how to disable

TLDR: Ubisoft game installs a driver in kernel mode and a service that monitors your systems' operating files (when Watch Dogs 2 is running) and this mechanism is also running even when you're in single-player-only - and even offline - modes, meaning that you're not getting out of its crosshairs no matter how you are playing the game.

Imagine the surveilance systems we DON'T know about. I bet the government could tell me more about my morning bowel movement than I could possibly imagine. There's probably a drone that flies overhead and hacks into my dreams at night.

Basically, I expect every electronic device I have (and maybe even my fake tree that I have in the computer room) to spy on me, both for financial gain and market research on the part of the mfg, as well as for the government, the illuminati, aliens, whatever... Everything's spying on me and I've accepted it.
Saying "I'm not using that, it's spies on you!" in (almost) 2017 is like saying you're not going to breathe anymore because the air is polluted. Everything is spying on you. Your toaster is probably spying on you.

A year or two ago, Samsung admitted that all their TV's that accept voice commands are "always listening" and that "the data is processed by a third party". We're all living in George Orwell's 1984.

Imagine 20 years from today. You get a text from your doctor telling you he's received your poo data from your toilet that morning and he's concerned about some traces of blood. The toilet has already analyzed a sample and he'll get back to you with the results in an hour. Your boss calls you into a meeting and issues a warning to you for the sexually inappropriate joke you whispered to your co-worker the previous day that was picked up by the microphone in the plant on your desk.

You go to KFC to order a bucket of chicken and scan your hand to pay but you are denied your order because your hand has transmitted your cholesterol numbers to the KFC database and your HDL to LDL ratio is too screwy for them to serve you chicken. They don't want to be liable for your heart attack. So you drive home in your computerized car. You get into an accident. It's your fault but you feel like you can make it seem like it's not. You go to court. The black box in your car has been analysed and incriminates you. Cameras on the road where the accident happened confirm this.

You receive a phone call from a telemarketer when you get home that night. They say that they've noticed you watch a lot of Martha Stewart gardening videos on your AR headset and that you're a vegetarian (*ever since you got cut off the fried chicken that is) and they offer to sell you a home gardening kit from the martha stewart collection so you can grow your own food. You jump on the offer. You have been looking at buying one of these. No doubt this telemarketer has gone through your view history and online shopping history and are aware of your KFC ban.

You meet a girl you like and ask her out, she's interested, but then she looks you up. Finds out about your bad cholesterol, that you're a liar and tried to commit insurance fraud for your car accident, and that you tell sexist jokes at work. She turns you down.

You go home and think about ending it all and jump off your balcony. An ambulance drone passing by grabs you mid fall and places you gently on the ground below. It calls for someone to take you to a mental hospital where you are locked up for four days.

You're sitting in your hospital bed thinking about the girl that turned you down. You get a text, it's your boss. He knows about your suicide attempt. He says he can't work with you because you're crazy. Fires you. And you're just laying there thinking "All I want is some god damn fried chicken".

Last edited:
After all that, I really want a bucket of Original Recipe and a side of slaw. I love KFC's cole slaw. Damn, and I just blew my monthly entertainment budget on lemon duck at the Little Dragon tonight.

Don't worry if they spy on you guys, we will be all dead in less than 70 years and in the last 20 you won't care about your underwear or privacy anymore.

Well - the name of the game has "watch" I the title...what did you expect?

I would be concerned, however, if a game like Doom was doing this. Well wait, they could be trying to predict your doom...OK - makes sense.

I would be concerned, however, if a game like Final Fantasy XXXVII was doing this. Well wait, that could be Goggle wanting to seed your search type faster...to understand your "fantasy"...OK - makes sense. (And how is this a Final Fantasy when they keep releasing new ones? But I digress.)

I would be concerned, however, if a game like Grand Theft Auto was doing this. Well wait, the police and FBI are probably using this data to match your in-game patterns to unsolved crimes...OK - makes sense.

I would be concerned, however, if a game like Planet Coaster was doing this!!!!!!!

(and too funny Theocnoob)

Imagine the surveilance systems we DON'T know about. I bet the government could tell me more about my morning bowel movement than I could possibly imagine. There's probably a drone that flies overhead and hacks into my dreams at night.

Basically, I expect every electronic device I have (and maybe even my fake tree that I have in the computer room) to spy on me, both for financial gain and market research on the part of the mfg, as well as for the government, the illuminati, aliens, whatever... Everything's spying on me and I've accepted it.
Saying "I'm not using that, it's spies on you!" in (almost) 2017 is like saying you're not going to breathe anymore because the air is polluted. Everything is spying on you. Your toaster is probably spying on you.

A year or two ago, Samsung admitted that all their TV's that accept voice commands are "always listening" and that "the data is processed by a third party". We're all living in George Orwell's 1984.

Imagine 20 years from today. You get a text from your doctor telling you he's received your poo data from your toilet that morning and he's concerned about some traces of blood. The toilet has already analyzed a sample and he'll get back to you with the results in an hour. Your boss calls you into a meeting and issues a warning to you for the sexually inappropriate joke you whispered to your co-worker the previous day that was picked up by the microphone in the plant on your desk.

You go to KFC to order a bucket of chicken and scan your hand to pay but you are denied your order because your hand has transmitted your cholesterol numbers to the KFC database and your HDL to LDL ratio is too screwy for them to serve you chicken. They don't want to be liable for your heart attack. So you drive home in your computerized car. You get into an accident. It's your fault but you feel like you can make it seem like it's not. You go to court. The black box in your car has been analysed and incriminates you. Cameras on the road where the accident happened confirm this.

You receive a phone call from a telemarketer when you get home that night. They say that they've noticed you watch a lot of Martha Stewart gardening videos on your AR headset and that you're a vegetarian (*ever since you got cut off the fried chicken that is) and they offer to sell you a home gardening kit from the martha stewart collection so you can grow your own food. You jump on the offer. You have been looking at buying one of these. No doubt this telemarketer has gone through your view history and online shopping history and are aware of your KFC ban.

You meet a girl you like and ask her out, she's interested, but then she looks you up. Finds out about your bad cholesterol, that you're a liar and tried to commit insurance fraud for your car accident, and that you tell sexist jokes at work. She turns you down.

You go home and think about ending it all and jump off your balcony. An ambulance drone passing by grabs you mid fall and places you gently on the ground below. It calls for someone to take you to a mental hospital where you are locked up for four days.

You're sitting in your hospital bed thinking about the girl that turned you down. You get a text, it's your boss. He knows about your suicide attempt. He says he can't work with you because you're crazy. Fires you. And you're just laying there thinking "All I want is some god damn fried chicken".

Just to wait until you order an Uber to go home after four days in the loony bin - the AI drives you only half way and proceeds to kick you out of the car. It forces you to walk the rest of the way home because of your on going cholesterol issues and now suicidal tendencies claiming the walk will benefit you. The billboards on the walk home are displaying your "food purchase history" while highlighting all of the products you consumed that contributed to your high cholesterol. Along with a picture of you and your bodily statistics right next to it for everyone around to see, hoping to shame you into submitting to "exercise and healthy living".

When you arrive in your neighborhood you notice the "daily bulletin" which is what has become of the neighborhood newspaper. It has your picture posted with "suicide watch" above it, along with your address, and a list of reasons ranging from: "Fat, high cholesterol, and unhealthy life style to depression, loser, and failure at life" as why you are on suicide watch.

You go to the grocery store and foods you touch that aren't good for your cholesterol shock you with 1,200 volts when you touch them. You are taxed based on your weight and health on the way out of the store depleting the rest your savings account. The bank sends you a notice that it is repossessing your home. Between the four day stay in the loony bin, the Uber that drove you only half way, and your grocery store purchase you have over drafted your account and are now in massive debt. Noticing that you are now without a job the bank no longer supports the loan they gave you for your mortgage.

When you arrive home moving drones are finishing up putting all of your belongings into a dumpster out front with a few items being taken off for auction to pay off your debt. Construction drones are already tearing down the walls and remolding the house as another drone hammers a "FOR SALE" sign in the lawn.

You sit on the curb defeated with your approved vegetables, unraveling the insanity and decide that KFC is to blame for everything - after all it was the main reason you ended up with high cholesterol in the first place.

You try to sue, but your public lawyer AI is no match for KFC's supercomputer lawyer which is jacked into all social media, email, and government agency databases because a conglomerate company named Brawndo bought out every major corporation and government regulator during the financial budget crisis of 2030.

You are submitted for Monday Night Rehabilitation.

(Sorry I had to. You're just too spot on Theocnoob.)

Hasn't anybody learned anything from Edward Snowden? Of course you're government is spying on you - it's how they keep us under control and stay in power. They keep everyone locked up in this fake left-right paradigm [behind closed doors both parties actively work together for their own agendas] and thrive off the division it perpetuates. While the people become passionately political and are at each other's throats over the trivial issues the division over petty political debates is what keeps us from uniting against them.

It's not really news that we are being surveilled, but most people aren't going to bother to inform themselves and choose to remain ignorant because it's simply easier that way.

The U.S. army now has a drone which can fit onto a fingertip and is designed to look like a mosquito:

The next time you are outside and there is a pesky mosquito flying by your head it just might not be an insect...

There is constant new surveillance technology rapidly being developed and Uncle Sam is quite pleased to push the boundaries. If there is a civil unrest which leads to a revolt in the UK, well, they have something for that too in the form of a dragonfly:
http://www.newsweek.com/dragonfly-spy-drones-iris-ministry-defence-uk-warfare-490697

You can bet if the UK is developing something like that the U.S. has something similar if not better since nobody spends more money on defense projects than the U.S. Government (it's why we are the military superpower of the world).

Did you all really believe that Trump is "anti-establishment", a political outsider to protect us from a despotic big brother? Think again:
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...d-to-gain-new-surveillance-powers-under-trump

He, along with the rest of the real establishment (not the fake one on the corporate media), is in bed with Hillary (politically speaking) and is accomplishing much of the same agenda if she had won.

Surveillance technology is developing at such an alarming rate that the courts can't keep up:
https://www.bloomberg.com/features/2016-baltimore-surveillance-project/

If the police and other law enforcement agencies are constantly coming up with new ways to spy on us and the courts can't keep up then how can anybody expect our elected representatives to protect us from security policy out of control when it is abused? Why do we even trust them?

Still don't believe in the Illuminati? I don't blame you, but they were a real organization founded by Adam Weishaupt in 1775. History tells us they were disbanded by the Bavarian government, but many conspiracy theorists or truth seekers or whatever you want to call them believe they infiltrated other secret societies like the freemasons. Lots of circumstantial evidence throughout history to indicate this did happen and it amuses me when people think we have a "Judeo-Christian" government in the U.S.

In case nobody told you it's actually a masonic government. George Washington? Freemason. The architect who designed Washington D.C., Pierre Charles L'Enfant? Freemason. The statue of Liberty? A gift from the French Freemasons (says so on the plaque at the base of the statue). Benjamin Franklin? Member of the Hellfire club. What about James Buchanan, Gerald Ford, James Garfield, Warren Harding, Andrew Jackson, Andrew Johnson, William McKinley, James Monroe, James Polk, Franklin Roosevelt, Theodore Roosevelt, William Howard Taft, and Harry Truman? All Freemasons. There's actually more historical evidence, but that's all part of independent research.

The Illuminati has also long been associated with Hollywood (tons of movies with Illuminati symbolism in them) and one celebrity, Naomi Campbell, doesn't hide her connection with her house:
http://www.cnbc.com/2011/09/27/Naomi-Campbells-Horus-Eye-Eco-House.html

Whether you actually believe in the Illuminati running the government from the shadows is entirely irrelevant. There are plenty of wealthy and influential with vast connections in the upper echelon of the status quo who do believe in them and that fact alone should be enough to scare you.

Tin foil hat stuff indeed, but it's a little different when it's real. It becomes easier to disbelieve and dismiss with derision than to accept the possibility of the incredible outside the comfort zone of our world view.

Just remember, it's not paranoia when they're really after you.

Hellfire Club:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hellfire_Club

Franklin's Involvement:
http://www.history.com/topics/ameri...in/videos/benjamin-franklins-secret-societies

I also forgot to mention that Franklin was the Grand Master of Masons in Pennsylvania.

To further the idea of the U.S. Government being a masonic institution founded by masons here is more information:
http://www.bessel.org/declmas.htm
List of the signers for the Declaration of Independence in which 9 (~16%) were known masons.

http://www.bessel.org/constmas.htm
List of the signer for the Constitution in which 13 (~33%) were known masons.

http://www.bessel.org/gwgenmas.htm
List showing that 33 men (~46%) of the U.S. Continental Army from 1775 through 1783 during the Revolutionary war were known masons.

Kennedy tried to warn the U.S. public about secret societies and any organization which uses deception and subterfuge to achieve an agenda unknown to the public:
Many would contend he was speaking about communism which is true, but he wasn't referring solely to the growing communist movement within the U.S. The problem with this sentiment is that Communism was a known form of government and it wouldn't make sense for the president to specifically reference secret societies when the Communists weren't a secret and in fact public knowledge.

He was actually referring to any organization operating in secrecy which used coveted means and subversion to increase its sphere of influence. This idea that Kennedy was chastising more than just the communists is given credence by the fact not only many of our founding fathers were in fact part of the very definition for a secret society, but his warning was given only weeks before his assassination. It would become one of the most infamous of his final speeches.

Last edited:
Back