• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED What did you get today?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
^ Where's the snow?

Did you get that fully loaded?

I took the pics a couple days ago when it was sunny and 68*F outside, today it's 20*F and there's a couple inches of ice and slush on the ground. Yeah, it's fully loaded, pretty much every conceivable option except for DVD in the rear.

Nothing fancy here :)
Even though the Radeon R9 290 was an impressive card but some how i just can't stay away from NVIDIA :)

Also i temporary clean out Amazon warehouse for a few day :D
I order 38 Cooler Master fan but they're only send me 27, 11 more will be send out to me when they restock

Attachments

• DSC00236.JPG
    DSC00236.JPG
    109.1 KB · Views: 113
  • DSC00237.JPG
    DSC00237.JPG
    83.7 KB · Views: 114
No offense intended, but why do people still use AS-5 these days :)

If you aren't competitively benching, AS5 is perfectly fine for an office productivity / gaming system like mine.

I'm flattered that you feel I'm such a font of knowledge you believe I can answer why all other human beings on planet Earth who "do" purchase AS5 actually do so. It brings a tear to my eye to know you have such faith in me. It truly does.

I'm afraid, however, I really haven't had time to generate the questionnaires, buy the mailing lists necessary to contact them, send them questionnaires to complete and, finally, compiled, sort, and rank the results from those who responded; all in order to arrive at the top 3 or 4 reasons they purchased AS5. Or would you prefer fewer or more reasons? Maybe a Top 10 list? Or, alternatively, are you implying that it's "out of fashion" to use it because, "it's like, sooo 5 minutes ago, dude! Get with the 21st century already."?

Don't get me wrong...I'm not in the least bit offended. Truly, I'm not.

I'm simply pointing out to you how poorly-worded your question was. Here's a tip: If you have to precede your question with the phrase, "No offense intended," you're using the wrong wording to ask that question.

A more neutral wording, such as, "With all the other choices available for Heatsink Compound, why did you choose AS5?" or "Why AS5?" That's short. To the point. And neutral in tone.

The last few rigs I've built I've used a tube of ~7 year old AS5. Still works like a charm! I could probably (maybe) save a few *C by getting some different (or newer) stuff, but why bother?

Hey ASUS buddy got ask the question, What gonna do with all those fans there, i know your some cool dude, but that's heck load of fans!!! :shrug: :confused:

AJ.

Hey ASUS buddy got ask the question, What gonna do with all those fans there, i know your some cool dude, but that's heck load of fans!!! :shrug: :confused:

AJ.

I need 38 fan to run my Mountain Mods Extender Ascension, the case is currently in the powder coating shop, it will be NVIDIA green outside and jet black inside, case will look like this :)

Also i purchase 2 more GTX 780 to run 4 way SLI, my newest pc will be call NVIDIA powerhouse :)

Attachments

• Untitled 4.jpg
    Untitled 4.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 77
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 76
Thanks my friend for taking time to answer me, yeah that's some project man you have got there. When you do a build thread i want to Sub and watch the progress, should be really interesting and new to me.

AJ.

What a build...

as far as a PSU over 1500W, make sure you have a 20A line going to where you are plugging that thing in... otherwise, if you actually use that much power, you will start blowing breakers in the house.

No build thread for this build because i'm too lazy to make one :)
Also i'm still searching for the right PSU that can handle all of my hardware
Found this but Newegg and Amazon doesn't carry it anymore :(
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817494006

http://www.amazon.com/LEPA-1600-Watts-Crossfire-Certified-G1600-MA/dp/B007W5TV6K
But when it done, i will post pic in The water cooling system picture thread, i'm sure you know where it's

why not two psu`s ?

Also i'm still searching for the right PSU that can handle all of my hardware

Take a look at the new Corsair AX1500i platinum beast. Doesn't looked to be released yet but they have info about it on their products page.

What a build...

as far as a PSU over 1500W, make sure you have a 20A line going to where you are plugging that thing in... otherwise, if you actually use that much power, you will start blowing breakers in the house.

4 GTX 780(not oc), an Intel core I7 4930 oc to 4.7ghz, 38 fan, 2 pump, 2 HDD, 3 SSD and a few LED light strip will take a lot of power and the AX1200 will not be able to handle it, so i have to buy 1500w or 1600w PSU

Why don't you ask the Member who sells the PSU's on here that he gets from jonny guru's reviews?? I am sure they was some 1500w units he sold here on the Classy Section, plus the ones he sells they are fully tested as well.

So you are more likely to get a fully tested unit that is safe and working properly.

AJ.

Why don't you ask the Member who sells the PSU's on here that he gets from jonny guru's reviews?? I am sure they was some 1500w units he sold here on the Classy Section, plus the ones he sells they are fully tested as well.

So you are more likely to get a fully tested unit that is safe and working properly.

AJ.

I found this, look pretty good, too bad, it's a bit too long make cable management harder
http://www.shopblt.com/item/rosewill-hercules-1600-1600w-pfc-power-supply/482u_hercules1600.html
i just remember watching the video review on this PSU sometime last year :)

vNI9Jhm

7bzLWIT

ipL1Kds

Finally an upgrade :) long overdue!

AJ.

OklahomaWolf ;)

4 GTX 780(not oc), an Intel core I7 4930 oc to 4.7ghz, 38 fan, 2 pump, 2 HDD, 3 SSD and a few LED light strip will take a lot of power and the AX1200 will not be able to handle it, so i have to buy 1500w or 1600w PSU
maybe not, but you missed my point though. I was saying that your typical wall outlet is only good to around 1500w. So if you take more than that from the wall, you could trip your breaker.

That said, I would put the rig on the ax1200 and see what it pulls from the wall...4.7ghz is in the cards with a decent chip, but I wouldnt call it a given. Can't wait to see it... And some benchmarks!

Back