• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What kind of PSU for 9600GT SLI? HDMI question too.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Someone posted this in another thread but please argue against 9600GT sli please.

avg.png

Whole article here http://techreport.com/articles.x/14686/1

You can get a 9600GT for around $150 and they all have between $10 and $30 MIR each card. So theoretically you can have two 9600GT for $250 after MIR and it will probably beat the crap out of anything around $350-500.

8800GTS 512 SLI isn't there and that's probably THE best price : performance atm...

Zotac is out of Germany, i bought (2) 8800 GTS 512 and they run very cool and OC very well 790/1900/1100 in SLI

8800GTS 512 SLI isn't there and that's probably THE best price : performance atm...

Well lets compare apples to apples. Right now on newegg.com you can get two EVGA 8800GTS G92 for $250 each with one having a $30 MIR. So about $470. You can get the EVGA 9600GT for around $150 each and $10 MIR. Thats $290. Now that is a huge difference in price. You can also find much cheaper ( albeit cheaper in quality as well ) 9600GT cards and maybe a little cheaper GTS cards. I've seen the Zotac for $119 each after MIB. Even EVGA vs EVGA thats around $200 difference. I dont think I will see $200 in performance honestly. So best bang/buck is the 9600GT IMO. IF I am going to buy two 8800GTS honestly I will just buy a GX2 instead.

thats strange the GTS isnt on there, but in all reality what he says is true, pretty costly to get 2 GTS's and you can OC probally a minimal ammount to make up the difference in performance.

and i have to say in all honesty, if you work at evga why the hell are you lookin at another brand?
is there something the public should mabe know? shouldnt you get a discount?

I do not get a discount so I go after whatever is the cheapest of off newegg. Also the EVGA 9600GT does not have HDMI its only the 9800+ so far. I figured out eventually I dont care about HDMI though so thats a moot point. I will probably go for a single 8800GT and then still get a big PSU for whenever the 9900 series comes out.

You can get a 8800GT for sub $150 on the Egg right now, I was not saying the 9600GT is not a good card but for a couple bucks you can pick up a 8800GT which is better period lol.

When playing games at higher resoultions with alot of eye candy the difference between the 9600GT and the 8800GT really grows.

Last edited:
that 700 watt should be more than enough i assume(don't take my word for it lol)..i have a evga 9600gt on a 430 watt antec psu and it runs fine

lol Dont take his word for it, i have a SLI 9600GT and i had trouble running it on a Cooler Master 650Watt PSU i had to go to a 1200Watt ToughPower, but i suppose it all depends on your complete rig setup, Etc CPU, Motherboard and how much power your cooling solution cost.

Dotn know if im too late to tell you this:)

No you are not, thanks for the consideration. I dont like to skimp out on the psu and will go at least 800w if not more for when the new gpu's come out I can step up to them.

Back