• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What red CCFL actually looks red?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Needitcooler

What red CCFL actually looks red? I have bought 3 different types now and all of them look pink. I want something that is really red to finish off my Superman case.

Brands I have tried...

PC Toys
Compusa
Kingmax

Thanks.

Are you saying the CCFL's they sell look red? Have you seen them in person, or are you just pointing out those websites?

I want them to be red, like the Gigabyte 8KNXP in your signature.

hey man, i have the same exact problem. I ordered a red dual kit off of ebay from NWCA, and when i put them in my system, it was all pink. Not my kind of color. Tell me when you find some true red Cold Cathodes

I think i just found the problem. Red CCFL's are usually pink. True Red cathode lights are made with red tubing which makes it appear red. I think a good alternative to this is to keep the "pink" CCFL's that we have and just go down to the local art store and buy some transparent RED celophane to wrap around the tubes. I have searched on yahoo for "red celophane" and there are a number of online art stores that sell it by the roll. This way you arent spending 15+ dollars for another CCFL kit.

Needitcooler said:
Are you saying the CCFL's they sell look red? Have you seen them in person, or are you just pointing out those websites?

I want them to be red, like the Gigabyte 8KNXP in your signature.

sorry, not in person... i was just saying some sites that i know that "red" cc and you hadn't named

I got my red from xoxide and if I'm not mistaken the tube was indeed red. I'll double-check when I get home and let yu know the results..

Hmm, in our school theater, we used something like celophane, but we call them "gels". They are sold in theatre supply shops and are used to create really vibrant colors on spotlights, so you know they can take the heat.

Back