• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Whats enough for my build?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
No matter what 4.7 thats it. 4.8 easy crash. Even at higher voltage. But pretty good impressive numbers. I will post them tomorrow morning! This project that i ended calling it nuclear power plant is 90% done. Some nice ! #@ pix i got that i will post soon. I have to re do one tube and add that ssd in 2-3 weeks and upgrade the cases fans. And some outside paint on case. Pix soon

NICE....Cool man glad you got up and running. I can't get over 4.7 out of mine either. I haven't tried in a while either. There is some mystery to the "Letting things settle in" idk why but it kinda seems that way. I Overclocked right to 4.6 GHz as soon as I was up and running and then about 6 weeks later I sat down and made some adjustments and I swear I can get 4.6 stable at like .04v lower than the first week of having this thing. Or maybe it's just me getting to know my rig more idk but I feel like there is a "break in" process if you will. Probably even more so with custom water cooling. But ya use Aida 64 Extreme for stability for your long test. 4-6 hours. Maybe throw a couple hours Realbench and p95 in there just to throw different situations at it. Post some screen shots with hw monitor and cpu-z reading cpu and memory with some stress testing it the pic please and we can help you achieve the best OC at the lowest voltage and temps. Nice rig man. Not bad on your Gpu oc either.

What are your temps and voltages like

v1.375 ( at the moment )
Temp ( 37 - 38 under load )
:shock:

NICE....Cool man glad you got up and running. I can't get over 4.7 out of mine either. I haven't tried in a while either. There is some mystery to the "Letting things settle in" idk why but it kinda seems that way. I Overclocked right to 4.6 GHz as soon as I was up and running and then about 6 weeks later I sat down and made some adjustments and I swear I can get 4.6 stable at like .04v lower than the first week of having this thing. Or maybe it's just me getting to know my rig more idk but I feel like there is a "break in" process if you will. Probably even more so with custom water cooling. But ya use Aida 64 Extreme for stability for your long test. 4-6 hours. Maybe throw a couple hours Realbench and p95 in there just to throw different situations at it. Post some screen shots with hw monitor and cpu-z reading cpu and memory with some stress testing it the pic please and we can help you achieve the best OC at the lowest voltage and temps. Nice rig man. Not bad on your Gpu oc either.

I feel like its just the CPU i have doesn't go over 4.7. because so far I have no heating issues. Under full load after 15mins, temps was at 37 average. but then in other hand one of the cores alone went up to 56C at one point for a second.

I have took a bunch of nice artistic pictures from the rig and i took some noobies pictures from the numbers with my phone instead of screenshoting lol I will post them all tonight when i go home from work. I am not going to lie, NZXT HUE+ lighting is high quality brand and i probably going to stay with them for a long time. I can manage to change the lighting colors to whatever i want. And also I have the option to UV light the entire case and mannnn UV lighting on this green black rig is suprisingly crazy! The liquid in the loop is clear but since i added some laser green uv coloring, with UV lights that thing turns into matt GLOW green! is super crazy, cant waint till i post the pictures for you guys :D:D

Im not gonna lie i feel like i have being doing all these things for years every time i look at the results lol cant believe its my first time doing all these things

Either your chip is not under heavy load or the program is not reading temperature correctly.

What program are you using to load the cpu and what are you monitoring temps with.

With your loop and those volts I would expect temps in the 60s or 70s under load.

Like Rainwater said post up some screenshots under load and we can help.

Either your chip is not under heavy load or the program is not reading temperature correctly.

What program are you using to load the cpu and what are you monitoring temps with.

With your loop and those volts I would expect temps in the 60s or 70s under load.

Like Rainwater said post up some screenshots under load and we can help.

What stress test u r recommending for cpu?

Realbench works well. I personally like Intel Burn Test because it is quick.

I prefer Aida 64 Extreme but everyone has their own preferences. But the three main ones you hear in the Overclocking Community are Realbench, Prime 95 (Blend Test), Aida 64 Extreme. Yes and Intel Burn which I haven't used tbh. I use all three. I go no less than 4 hours with Realbench and Aida64. I ran them both for 4 hours then crashed an hour into the latest Prime 95, upped vCore .010v tried again hit 3 hours and been rock solid since.

Until I updated my Bios to version 3007 last Sunday. Had 3 freezes and 2 Blue Screen crashes. The last being at 2am last night. Flashed back to version 2202 put all my Overclock settings back how they were, ran Aida for 5 hours, been tinkering with 4.6 GHz all morning. Just hit the 2 hour mark with Aida at 4.6 GHz Core/Cache 1.32v in Bios/LLC level 7. Idle at 1.312v and 1.344v under load. Probably stay here.

Depends on what's "Stable" in your eyes and what you are using it for. Just Gaming, Aida 64, RB, or p95 version 26.6 for 4-6 hours will probably be fine. I was able to run all three of them at 1.296v for 4.5 GHz but Prime 95 version 28.10 Blend (I recommend running if you are going to be editing) I crashed 51 minutes into. I couldn't pass the 90 minute mark with anything under 1.328v. So I'm gonna run that next to make sure 1.344v is enough for 4.6 GHz because it is more demanding than RB and Aida.

Last edited:
I guess I should expand on my statement a little bit. I use IBT while testing different OC settings and then use Realbench to test final stability.

I guess I should expand on my statement a little bit. I use IBT while testing different OC settings and then use Realbench to test final stability.

So in IBT what mode should i test it on?
Maximum? very high? high or standard?

These are few pictures i took from the 90% done project !
and I am calling this rig Nuclear Power Plant lol :clap:

Note With NZXT lighting i can manage to have UV lighting or Color lighting or mixed. so this is the mod that switches between two or more colors. mine is set on two, a regular yellow light and UV. RESULT INSANE :shock:

20170129_024216.jpg 20170129_024341.jpg 20170129_024350.jpg 20170129_024455.jpg 20170129_024855.jpg 20170129_024917.jpg 20170129_024952.jpg 20170129_025118.jpg 20170129_025150.jpg 20170129_025206.jpg 20170129_025336.jpg 20170129_002329.jpg :bump:

Yep, I'm rippin the Lid off this Biotch and building a loop. :rock:

Nice job man. I'm gonna have to get a Second Job, lol, I have way too many PC goals this year and I will meet every Damn one of them.

Nice,

I just run it a the standard setting, takes about a minute or 2. Be aware this will really push the temp of the cpu.

So after you guys recommended different stress test softwares, i did more than 20-30 tests. First of all i cant even go higher than 4.7ghz. And its going to be stable only at 1.400v. I was hoping to hit 4.8 on that voltage. I tried 4.8 on 1.450v and it didnt workout. I went as high as 1.485v for 4.8 and that didnt workout either. To be honest after successfully overclocking on both cpu and gpu i got a really impressive numbers in 4k fps ultra. I will post pix from before and after numbers. Including the hottest temps that i record under stress test. Once i get home i will post the pix.
Question: i only played around with voltage and core clock. Do i need to work around with anything else in bios in order to get it possibly to 4.8?

Question: i only played around with voltage and core clock. Do i need to work around with anything else in bios in order to get it possibly to 4.8?

These pictures are stock numbers on CINEBENCH R15 and VALLEY BENCH on 4k Ultra settings
1.png 2.png

These Pictures are for after both CPU and GPU overclocked. GPU from 1685mhz to 2133mhz (stable) CPU 4.2Ghz to 4.7Ghz @1.400v (stable)
3.png 4.png

These are the temps after the test with Intel Stress Test

4.7 @1.385v (almost stable)
5.png

4.7 @1.400v (stable)
6.png

Please dont forget to answer my Question. Thanks everyone for the support from the day1 till now. Overall im happy so far

Thoughts on what? Temps are fine as shown...

Push8ng to 4.8 I'd no different than 4.7. I'd leave it as is though personally. You are getting up there on voltage.

Back