• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Whats going on here?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I probably need to rma the card. One core folds fine and the other is on another 24 hour pause. I'll reinstall the drivers and dial the bad core back some more and see if I can make it work.

I figured out part of my problem. RivaTuner lists the gpus on single PCB cards in reverse order than I named them. So if I want to change -gpu 0 I have to adjust the settings on what Riva calls GPU1. I've been declocking the good gpu and wondering why it makes no difference. I finally declocked it enough to notice, when both gpus were working on the same WU, that the "bad" cpu I'd been declocking was making more ppd than the "good" one.
What's worse is that I figured this out once before, but forgot it after switching to EVGA precision. I failed to remember it after switching back to Riva. CRS disease is giving me fits.

You should reduce your OC until you have a < 1% failure rate. Are you running the ATi environment variables?
Sorry for late reply. I've swapped out the 4890 for my old trusty Asus 8800GT 512mb now.
It's chugging away nicely, clocked at 700mhz core/ 1788 shader/ 1848 memory. No errors. It's getting 4365 ppd's too, on the GPU2 client. 1000 more than the ATI.

I've got a couple XFX 8800GT 256MB cards that just refuse to run any GROGPU2-MT work... immediate EUEs. However, I just tried cranking them back up today and they will run most standard GROGPU2 units... even some of the p10101 variety.

The cards just seem to be a lost cause when it comes to Folding with any true stability. However, they seem to run general graphics just fine (less stressful I imagine). Probably, as you say, the memory has taken a dump. :(

Yep My Gigabyte 8800GT 256MB does the same too, with certain WU,s

Back