• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Whats the best cpu cooler to cool a 1.2 gig T-Bird for heavy overclocking?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
FishDog3 (Jul 10, 2001 12:08 p.m.):
Ahhhhhh..... I am having so much trouble picking a HSF, everybody recomends the 4 big boys (gladiator, glaciator, MC-462A, SK6), please give me some advise, noise is not really a worry, price is, going to run a 1.2G TB and OC, c'mon senior members rally up and give me your advise.

Thanks much.

fd

the gladiator is okbut good for the price. If you are worried about price, get an SK-6 they seem to be better than a glaciator by a little bit(with probes, not software) at the expense of noise.

i would like a clear test showing the SK6 or the Glaciator to be that much better than the Gladiator/Golden Gate

i had both the SK6 and the Gladiator at the same time here for a while. i didn't see that much difference. in performance or in the quality of workmanship. i see a lotta things about the gladiator that recommends it over other hs, primarily it is small and light. it is probably the lightest of all copper hs. if your doing a lotta lan partying or moving ur pc around a lot, that's not inconsequintial.

also, if your mb is tight and doesnt' allow for a larger hs, this one will probably fit.

Thanks all, still not sure, have to read some more. will let you know what I decide.

Back