• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What's your connection speed? Test and link!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yeah, that will certainly be interesting. At least around me, TWC isn't an option but I really don't like the idea of such a monopoly running things. I mean, it is bad enough as it is with such a limited selection of providers.

Even here in NYC, you have limited options. For me, it's either TWC if I want fast speeds, or DSL (limited to around 3/0.768). Fios was supposed to be available here in 2010, but never did make it. And seeing as how Verizon has no plans on further rollouts, as of now, never will. :(

We pay $65/mo for 50/5 from TWC.
They just got bought by Comcast though, so I'm not sure how that'll change.

Edit: Charlotte is in the works for Google Fiber, so I'm happy.

Last edited:
TWC is out in my area, some podunk company called Beeline Cable :( Tele company Fairpoint offers faster ADSL, but the service is riddled with problems, and their CS is horrendous.

Worst part, Beeline leases the service from TWC, but doesnt offer the same speeds, and their 8/512kb is only 4 dollars less than TWC's 50mbps service @ 1 yr promo rates.

Wireless at my college is 250Mb down, 325 Mb up :D

Of course, I'm testing against the speedtest server that is in my college. :rofl:
Isnt that impossible? I do not recall what the Wireless N spec is...

EDIT: 300Mbps.. forget it. I always get confused and am no confident in people (myself including) typing the right thing Mbps MB Mb... etc, LOL!

Isnt that impossible? I do not recall what the Wireless N spec is...

EDIT: 300Mbps.. forget it. I always get confused and am no confident in people (myself including) typing the right thing Mbps MB Mb... etc, LOL!

:rolleyes: :rofl:

I'll test against the server in the college, then I'll test against another server to give real results for you guys :)

Here you go! :D :D

Against the server in the college:
3362885439.png

And against another server:
3362889631.png

These speeds are cabled though, I didn't bring my laptop.
The college has Fiber connection :D

Oddly though, testing against the server in the college was slower . :confused:

Back