• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What's your connection speed? Test and link!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Wish their was a way to prove that the local broadband companies are manipulating the market. Fastest DSL offered in the local area is 3mbps, although they offer 50mbps everywhere they have to compete with Time Warner. Beeline Cable, who AFAIK leases their service from TWC, offeres 8mbps @ roughly $50 a month, while TWC offers 50mbps @ $64.99 a month. TWC exclusively does NOT offer service in Beeline Cables service areas. Pisses me off to no end.

Such is life when they have a monopoly.

Canada is no different. Only 3 major communication compaines, so they screw us hard becasue there is no competition.

Verizon was supposed to some to Canada -- you should have seen the flyers Bell & Rogers put out claiming that "it was unfair to them" and "it's bad news for Canadians" :rofl:
Give your head a shake!

/RANT

Yes it's Verizon. 3/5 bars, and very off peak hours so its "best case scenario"

Off hours helps, but 3/5 bars is "average" to me.
That said, Charlotte is a large city, so we have above average coverage.

Either way, impressive numbers for cell!

My latest upload results show my speed is .01Mb/Sec on my home connection (Comcast Blast +)

58Mb/Sec down, but .01Mb/Sec up

Tech is scheduled to stop by Saturday

My latest upload results show my speed is .01Mb/Sec on my home connection (Comcast Blast +)

58Mb/Sec down, but .01Mb/Sec up

Tech is scheduled to stop by Saturday
Comcast is testing their new throttling profile for when Net Neutrality is killed off. Don't worry, the download speed will soon be around the same as your upload. :)

Do you think Net Neutrality will be killed off or will FCC get it back?

The current head of the FCC was a Comcast lobbyist who spearheaded the Comcast/TWC merger into the monopoly it will eventually become if Net Neutrality is killed, and the other FCC members were all either employed or lobbyist as well for other telecom companies.

Do I think Net Neutrality will be killed? Seeing how the deck is completely stacked against it staying alive (there is alot more going on besides just the FCC members all being in the pockets of the telecoms), I can not say with any enthusiasm that it will live for sure. After the huge uproar and "fighting back" by other companies in the industry that support Net Neutrality after their recent decision, the FCC is now trying to fast track the vote on the matter. Basically, the FCC is trying to prevent any organization against the vote to kill Net Neutrality, and hand it over to the telecoms.

It's up to everyone to try and take this back, or we can kiss the internet as we know it goodbye till someone finally figures out how to build a truly free internet separate from the current implementation. But that's still some years away and would be severely hampered by the heavy censoring and restriction you just know the telecoms and big money want to impose on the internet.

As to the second question of whether the FCC will get it back? What to you think?:rolleyes:

Back