• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

When did Newegg turn into Neweggforums.com?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Sentential said:
I have an idea. Instead of ignoreing the problem perhaps there is a way both parties can win. Maybe newegg can give US a discount if we anwser their questions about products on their website.

It woudlnt cost them very much and we know what we are talking about enough that it would help them greatly.

Keep dreaming, isn't being the best enough?

Silversinksam said:
Keep dreaming, isn't being the best enough?
LOL.... I guess but I certinaly could use a good 10% off of the stuff I buy (on a monthly basis it seems)

Especially with the 7800GTX looming on my horizon :D

Plus I figure it would be cheaper for them to do that than hire their own crew.

having representatives on the forum is a HUGE plus for me. whoever thought to move customer support into the customers territory was definately on the right page. it just makes me grumpy that you get paid to browse the forums :p

I am not sure, if this thread had anything to do with newegg sending one of their representatives over or not:

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=388516

In any event, I'm glad to report that the issue was dealt with. Some might complain that Newegg's prices aren't competitive these days compared to other online retailers.

I do suppose that for smaller items (CPU, Memory, etc) shipping could be less/free, but that's a minor quibble, all things aside.

Nevertheless, if it's a little more money spent, it seems that the money's going towards good customer service, and it shows.

wow.. you all really know how to welcome someone.. :shrug:

on the other side of things... LOL @ the bum dog! awesome, a new picture added to my collection.. and there is nothing you can do about it now :p

Yes! Welcome to the forum!
I always read the reviews from customers. You can sort out who knows what they are really talking about and who like to just talk.
Because of their great service and dependabiltiy I have an expensive hobby.
I seem to spend between $500.00 and $3000.00 a month at NewEgg year after year. The service is outstanding and always dependable. Leave it to NewEgg to figure out one more way to be a leading retailer. Welcome and good work!

:welcome: to you Newegg Support (Jason)
(oh and, the first thing I noticed was the rank, you can't change that yourself first thing when you register at these forums, so he had to have been verified by a mod :) )

Newegg not a forum

Steveo989 said:
These posts sure as hell are not being screened since these type of Q&A product reviews are turning up everywhere on the site. I also don't think you are from newegg because you have been registered for 5 days and OC.com has been sponsored far longer than that. :rolleyes:

In regards to the original topic:

I definitely agree that these types of product review posts are unacceptable. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. I was wondering if you had any examples (item #'s) that you could provide me with, so I can show the appropriate personnel what exactly is happening. I have advised that the product reviews need a bit more attention when we filter them, so if you can give an example or two then that will let us know what exactly we need to be on the look out for.

To all others, I will address you in a separate forum topic.

Thank you

Jason, Newegg Customer Support

nikhsub1 said:
Guys let's welcome Jason to OC Forums, let's not immediately disbelieve him. It is a very good thing IMO for newegg to stick around and gather some feedback. Anyway, welcome Jason!

AMEN!

Welcome, Jason, and thanks.

I wonder how many of the same people that are giving Jason a hard time now, will come back here looking for his email addy when they need him?

Jason, for every 10 people on these forums, there is one that was mistreated as a youth. We try to ignore them, but they are like a bad dream that won't go away. Some would say I am like that too sometimes, but don't you believe them!
And :welcome: to OCF!!!!!

Newegg Support said:
In regards to the original topic:

I definitely agree that these types of product review posts are unacceptable. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. I was wondering if you had any examples (item #'s) that you could provide me with, so I can show the appropriate personnel what exactly is happening. I have advised that the product reviews need a bit more attention when we filter them, so if you can give an example or two then that will let us know what exactly we need to be on the look out for.

To all others, I will address you in a separate forum topic.

Thank you

Jason, Newegg Customer Support

Perhaps Steve and Tony would volunteer to go over the 1000 reviews per day to help out? If all you do is go about complaining, without offering solutions, ESPECIALLY when asked, you're not a part of the solution, which makes you, well, you get it.

Welcome to the forums Jason. Many of us spend way too much money at newegg. I've certainly spent enough over the past several years to pay a decent salary for you and a few others....:)

But hey.....we need it, you sell it. Works out well for all of us.

cw

Regarding Newegg customer product reviews, my initial reaction after par-oozing a few was saying to myself, what a joke!

I saw many user reviews along the lines of, This product performs awesome and is the highest quality, I ordered this item today and I will receive it in a few days!!!

I saw many of these type of reviews and at least to me it always is best to rate a product only after it is in ones possession.

Glad to see Newegg remove these bogus reviews. If you want my input, you should implement a user rating system with a number assigned to the members aliase, when you see a user review perhaps implement a ' was this review helpful to you?' with a Yes or No option. If the persons review was helpful, perhaps add a one to his rating (but not add cumulating numbers from all people that selected the yes option, if any one person states NO in the user review, then a number would not be added to the persons rating. The reviewer could only get one additional number to his rating no matter how many people stated YES for the review he did on the one product.
This could stop people from reading a persons review if they have a history of being a BS artist.

People would read the reviews from people with a history of producing informative, valid user reviews.

Option 2 is easier to implement:

You could omit the user rating and just add a Was this review helpful YES/NO

If anyone selects NO, (or if several people select NO) it could send you an inter Newegg e-mail and you could look at the review to check if its ridiculous or a bogus review.

This way you are notified by the Newegg community of the bogus reviews rather than having to search for them yourself.
;)

:rolleyes:

Good deal! ive encountered bogus reviews as well, and have had mixed results with newegg as a vendor. i would say this is an encouraging sign, and having a rep amongst the community shows possibly a renewed commitment to its customers, no shortage of them here. looks like this turns out well for everybody.

I among all welcome a Newegg Rep to the site. It is going to be so much easier for us to get help and raise concerns if any.

The only thing negative I can say about it is poor Jason, he doesn't know his work load may be added. We may have many questions that swamp him about anything and everything.

finally - how long has frozen CPU been doing this :D - now Newegg could be king again for me if they would ship to me like they did before with no problems for $1300 worth of stuff over 8 shipments!

cw823 said:
Perhaps Steve and Tony would volunteer to go over the 1000 reviews per day to help out? If all you do is go about complaining, without offering solutions, ESPECIALLY when asked, you're not a part of the solution, which makes you, well, you get it.
Exactly. Good thing I was not the first mod on the scene, or heads would have most likely rolled. C'mon guys, newegg is certainly the best vendor out there, and now they are coming to us. Let's not give them the immediate impression they are moving in the wrong direction.

Last edited:
Silversinksam said:
Option 2 is easier to implement:

You could omit the user rating and just add a Was this review helpful YES/NO

If anyone selects NO, (or if several people select NO) it could send you an inter Newegg e-mail and you could look at the review to check if its ridiculous or a bogus review.

This way you are notified by the Newegg community of the bogus reviews rather than having to search for them yourself.
;)

Once again SSS you come up with a briliant idea. [/asskissing]

Seriously though that would really help cut down on the bad reviews and make the reviewers job a lot easier. I am just excited that by the end of the year I could be ordering from the egg as well :D.

Back