• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which intel chip are you running??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Which intel CPU is running in your MAIN PC?

• 486 or lower

Votes: 14 1.2%
  • Celeron PPGA (266-533)

Votes: 20 1.7%
  • Celeron FC-PGA (Coppermine 533-up)

Votes: 143 12.1%
  • Pentium

Votes: 14 1.2%
  • Pentium II

Votes: 26 2.2%
  • Pentium ///

Votes: 244 20.6%
  • Pentium IV

Votes: 722 61.0%

• Total voters
DAppel said:
1 x Celeron 333@500 2.4V
1 x Celeron 400@500 2.0V
1 x Celeron2 600@750 1.75V CC0 (what the f..., it won´t go higher)

Ok, just got the 600 to 900.
The problem is the crappy slocket. I´ve replaced the eletrolitic capacitors on it for tantalium caps (is tantalium the correct word ? I don´t know, english is not my mother language).

The difference is amazing. It´s a faster AND more stable system.
It still doen´t go over 900. Working on that, but I guess I´ll have to buy another slocket.

My main rig now is back to intel either my cel600@945 stable or my new p3 700 which I havent really got to run any benchmarks yet. I switch CPUs about twice a week.

PS my AMD setup is sitting under my desk totally not being used.

DAppel said:

Ok, just got the 600 to 900.
The problem is the crappy slocket. I´ve replaced the eletrolitic capacitors on it for tantalium caps (is tantalium the correct word ? I don´t know, english is not my mother language).

The difference is amazing. It´s a faster AND more stable system.
It still doen´t go over 900. Working on that, but I guess I´ll have to buy another slocket.
The real fix is to go to a socket motherboard. I don't know the engineering jargon for it but there is some sort of electical loss created by going through a socket adapter. One suggestion would be the ASUS CUSL2-C. This will also remove the BX to 133MHZ headaches. I used this board to push a PIII 700E to 933 rock stable.

I'm new here but after spending the last month reading post's like crazy here and following some advice from other users, I thought I would put in my 2 cents worth. This is a great forum and it has halped me alot with my current rig.

I'm Running a Dual PIII 1ghz @ 1.13 On a VP6 :) Runs Very quick.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Dual PIII 1ghz @ 1.13 ghz (cD0, 150 FSB, 1.65 Volts) (default voltage is 1.75 but these chips love 1.65 for some strange reason)
Abit VP6
Infineon 1 gig Cas2 Ram (4 * 256)
ATI Radeon DDR 64 Vivo
Quantum 10KII 36gig U2W SCSI HDD Drive
Quantum 10K 9 gig U2W SCSI HDD Drive
Quantum A30 30 gig IDE * 2 ( Confirged in a Raid 0 )
SBLIVE Platinum 5.1
450 Watt PSU
W2K
All in a Lian-Li PC70
Cpu's are cooled with thermoengines and delta fans :)
MB Temp is 25 Idle ( 26 Full Load )
Cpu 1 Temp is 23 - 24 Idle (32 - 33 Full Load)
CPU 2 Temp is 23 - 24 Idle (30 - 32 Full Load)

Last edited:
800 Celeron@1066 at 133 fsb. This is my main rig. Also have another mobo and 366 celeron processor that runs at 550 all day long and maybe more.

Was here long time ago...........

New main Intel rig: Dual PIII 1000@1165, stable like a rock!

It let me vote again too:D

BH6--cele 900....Vantec copper HS w/delta fan

Changed to ThermoEngine-4210..HS/F
(neighbor complained about noise from delta)

pappypete said:
BH6--cele 900....Vantec copper HS w/delta fan

Changed to ThermoEngine-4210..HS/F
(neighbor complained about noise from delta)

WTF!

Your neighbour heard the Delta?

That's harsh! Unless your in an apartment or something.

Not an intel in the bunch here, unless you count my 286 laptop which may or may not have an intel brand chip in it. Just thought I post here to mention that one category has been left out, although no on seems to need it. You forgot the Pentium Pro. (maybe the Xeon too but I'm not sure if that's its own seperate chip or just a sub version of others)

My present main Intel rig is the secondary box in my sig. I'm presently just starting to put together a P3 1.26S Tualatin rig that wil be watercooled with a 120 watt pelt. Hopefully I'll have it up and running in a week or 2.

freshy98 said:

I did some quick tests with my Celeron 850 @ 1003 (using a SK6 now). I used Sandra CPU en MM benchmarks.
In both tests my 1003 was a little bit higher than a genuin P/// 1GHz. Although I'm unsure whether that is a 100MHz or a 133MHz FSB P///.

That sample P3 1Ghz in the Sisoft Sandra comparison is a 1000EB (7.5 x 133).

--------------------------------------------------

My two main rig: First two systems listed in my siggy.

MilkPowder-2 said:

That sample P3 1Ghz in the Sisoft Sandra comparison is a 1000EB (7.5 x 133).

--------------------------------------------------

My two main rig: First two systems listed in my siggy.

Hehe I like the P3 overclock cool :)

Although the voltage is kinda high:)

tsunami said:

Hehe I like the P3 overclock cool :)

Although the voltage is kinda high:)

:D I got a furnace setup here. If you're cold, c'mon over and I give you some heat, LOL i don't need no heater, i got my own little furnace here LOL :D

Back