• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Who still uses an Athlon XP? Let's reminisce.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yea, still got a AthlonXP 2100+ and 3000+ sitting at my home in Tennessee right now just waiting to be sold :p I had them pulled from their working boards and cleaned, since then they have just been sitting on a shelf xD

Loved those things, lol. Man, when HL2 and CSS first came out I was playing on an AthlonXP 3000+, 512MB Kingston DDR 400, Leadtek 6600GT, ah man, those were the times :p Then I came into some money for the s939 and had to follow suit with dual core!!!! lol

i ended up giveing my axp-m 2500 away :(

still have my nf7-s tho :thup:

but its dead :cry:

too bad we cant feed these newer cpus 2.1v (safely) like the good ol days :D

I will admit that I have been wanting to build a dual core for quite some time, but budget requirements and knowing that I do not have to have one....I just would really like to have one...forces me to take a pragmatic approach. But, I have slowly acquired everything but a board & ram. I want to get a real nice board...no micro...I like full size boards...and something in the $100.00 range (I just cannot justify much more than that), that will handle the latest processors if I decide to upgrade the processor at a later time. I have come so close so many times to just saying.."just go for it...you know you want it..!! "...and giving Newegg my money. I know that I need to do this sooner than later because the selections will become fewer and fewer at Newegg. See...I'm trying to talk myself into doing it..again...:screwy:!

Oh well...." Long Live Socket A !!"....Haa...:)

Back