• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Will my PSU (750W NZXT Hale90) be enough?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zett89

Hello Overclockers Community,

I apologize for my bad english, but it is not my first language. If I posted this in the wrong subforum so I'm sorry too.

Right to the topic. I own a NZXT Hale90 750W PSU and I'm quite happy with it, but now I want to upgrade to SLI and I'm not sure if it is still enough.

My System:

CPU: i7 3770K on 4.5 Ghz and 1.28V vcore
GPU: 2x GTX 670
Mainboard: Asus P8Z77-V
RAM: 4x 4GB Kingston HyperX Genesis on 1,65V
Cooling: 2x D5 vario pumps (Twin D5 Dual Bay Reservoir/Pump Combo)
10x Scythe Gentle Typhoon AP-15 fans
HDD/SSD: 1x HDD
1x SSD
Drive: 1x DVD/CDRW Combo Drive

All fans are connected to my NZXT Sentry Mix fan controller (no lcd display, just sliders for the fans and a LED). I also want to overclock the GTX 670 a bit. CPU and both GTX670 will be watercooled and there are a 360x120x60mm and a 240x120x60mm RAD (thats where I put all the fans).

Ofcorse I have tried out some of the PSU Calculators and read some threads about PSU and how much power you need for SLI. But I found different answers ranging from 650W to 1000W. So I'm counting on you guys to tell me the "one and only truth". Or atleast a slight hind like "that could work" or "that won't work at all".

Thank you for your time,
Zett89

Last edited:
:welcome: to OCF!

With an i7 3770K at 1.28Vcore, you should get close to the 125-130W on the 12V rail :)

In the worst case scenario (TDP), the GTX670 requires ~170W. But it is almost never achieved.

So i7 OCd+ 2*GTX 670 stock ~ 130+170*2 ~470W

For the pumps, it is kinda difficult to say since the power consumption depends on the flowrate but you should be near the 20W mark per pump so ~40W for both.

The max power consumption of your fans is approx. 1W so 10W for ten fans (if on 12V).
The rest of the system should be under 40W.

So, you're at ~470+40+10+40~560W

Your PSU is certified at 744W on a single 12V rail, so you should be fine!

There is still room to OC your GTX 670 :thup:

Not at all.... by not at all, I mean yes it will. Confusing? That's because it's Wednesday.

Yes, your PSU will be more than enough.

Last edited:
Thank you all for the fast replies. Good to know that I can keep my PSU.

Zett89

Back