• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows 7 M3 Build - the Windows 7 UI is looking good

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
well until now everything works as it did on vista only faster.

Scores are upped so i get 7.7 for my 8800GT and 6.6 for my OCZ SSD

2 things i need dont work yet.
- Daemon tools yells about "platform not supported"
- X3 Terran Conflict installs a 3rd party driver that seems to have an issue with win7 and thus the game wont start due to failed DVD check...

the rest works with vista drivers. if i can get the 2 things sorted i`ll keep it for a while longer.

p.s: there is a video of mark rusinovichi where he talks about stuff under the hood.
http://channel9.msdn.com/shows/Going Deep/Mark-Russinovich-Inside-Windows-7/

neither of them are problems with the OS - they are just annoying and obviously because they are not designed for windows 7 - they are designed for windows 6.

you need to sign up with MS and apply as a beta tester and get accepted, i have been trying for about 4 years now with no luck.

You can get access to the RC with a paid MSDN account, not sure about the beta though.

I like that taskbar too. In a way, it reminds me of Linux.

I noticed the same thing, too. Reminds me of KDE.

Guys,, where have you been the last two years?!?! It's not any different than the "7" taskbar.

whoh!??! I guess not? And I misread that as Windows 8 M3? my bad!:chair: I feel like a moron and dont even know how I found this thread as I was only hitting the "todays posts" button!!!?!?! :escape:

Back