• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

wont turn on maybe because of bad mobo sensor

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

abitavenger

my hp media center edition PC will not turn on unless i unplug it and the PSU light turns off. Then i plug it back in and turn it on. When i do try to restart it after its been turned off and still plugged in it says "Error: System Fan Failed Have System Serviced Immediately". I don't know if this is a virus or what because the fan works great. This is a stock system with no modification. But whenever i need to restart i need to unplug the D*** thing to get it to turn on.:mad: Gets you a little frusterated after ahwhile lol I figured this could maybe be one of the motherboard sensors or pickups failing? I'm not sure exactly thats why I came to you. Hope you can help. Thanks, abitavenger

Did youi check the fans too see that the y ARE running??If they are running ok and the RPMs look right then go into the BIOs and disable the Hault on cpu fan error or it should say something like that.Or it may be the psu fan so check that aswel.
Shark

yes all the fans are working and i cant get into the system bios because its a prebuilt PC from HP, anybody else have any ideas what this could be?

nope ive tried getting into it and i just cant i think all pre-builts are like this theres no way to o\c them because of they're crappy mobo's lol i can get into CMOS though if that would do anything:-/

Call up their tech support. There is definitely a way to get into the BIOS. Spend some time hitting the usual keys during post, and then try hitting Alt at the same time as the usual keys. I know it's a pain. That's why your next puter probably won't be from them, will it?

it deffinlty will not be from them, but to keep trying all the different keys i hafta go through the process of unplugging it and waiting like 10 seconds then plugging it back in then trying over and over and i was just wondering if any of you have experienced this or know a quick fix

P.S. Another reason im not buying from them is because the tv tuner card went up already and Im taking it back in for them to service it. BTW i hav like a 4 year warranty on it lol

There is a bios on it but it will not say much all the good stuff is blocked off err I have had 2 hps and they are good computers for office and for people who dont no a thing they suck for gaming and such. I mine you hit the F1 key.

Back