• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Yet another spiral design (Sort of)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

KingB

Just stumbled onto this block. What do you guys think. Has sort of a spiral design. I know this has been a hot topic lately and thought I's share what I found. I can't translate the rest of the page, but would like to know what they are saying.

Sort of Spiral

Looks well made in any event.

looks interesting to say the least. maybe some one here can translate in on the fly. I think i am going to go try to find in on an english sight. This block has peaked my curiosity.

Found some more stuff on them but still can't translate. There seems to be alot of info on this page though. (now only if I could understand it) Off to try babelfish.

More info on the sort of spiral block

Edit: Babelfish doesn't have a Slovenian translation. I think that is what this is.

well, if you get it translated be sure to post it here or give us a link:) Why do i not know any other language other than enlish:rolleyes:

hmm, i am not sure about that bl;ock, looks like it has lots of surface area but the flow rate will be low.

but it looks like that have made alot of them possably they can be purchased?

Hi,
Some of you send me link to this thread, so I will just add another link to procooling forum where I posted my water block roundup first, and it's in english:)
English waterblock roundup
But I have another idea for near future that will outperform pretty much most of the blocks out (my hi expectations, of course could be wrong, but the results will show), also disscusing on pro forums here My new water block desing
Preview:
new%20block.JPG

morphling1 said:
Hi,
Some of you send me link to this thread, so I will just add another link to procooling forum where I posted my water block roundup first, and it's in english:)
English waterblock roundup
But I have another idea for near future that will outperform pretty much most of the blocks out (my hi expectations, of course could be wrong, but the results will show), also disscusing on pro forums here My new water block desing
Preview:
[]

the spikes reminded me of a article here:
http://www.benchtest.com/wcooler1.html

KingB said:
Just stumbled onto this block. What do you guys think. Has sort of a spiral design. I know this has been a hot topic lately and thought I's share what I found. I can't translate the rest of the page, but would like to know what they are saying.

Sort of Spiral

Looks well made in any event.

I wouldn't be a bit surprised if this flattened spiral WB
beat everthing on the market. It has great surface area,
enough channel volume, great expected turbulence, good
thermal conduction normal to the die. I like this WB.

Anyone translate this site. How can we get out hands on
one of these babies?

If you didn't get from the post on pro forum, I designed this block and friend of my milled it on cnc machine, but it doesn't beat everything, my custom spiral block is better, and the desing I'm showing in pic above will definetly be better low flow restriction great surface area and turbolence, and I'll make special nozzle like inlet to maximize the speed if water going to the center.
But If you are still interested in M&B block, here's my friend email :
[email protected] , you can contact him.

Welcome to the forums Morphling1, Its always great to get new members!:D
That spiral WB looks like the s**t! I'll have to do some diggin and see if I can find out more about it. I've been doing some research of myown into some watercooling designs. I've created a radiator out of an a-coil from a residential a/c setup. It's got about 18" x 14" exposure area with 2 tube passthrough. I've even been looking into mating two of them for a 4 tube pass through. All I have to do w/ that yet is create an enclosed shroud that adapts to a 12" 120v fan, looking for something w/ about 200 cfm or more that is super quiet. I'll try to post some pics when I get it more presentable.:cool:

Thanks, I will be more active in this forum in May, up until then I'm only home every two weeks for weekend.

I'm just sorry I didn't saw overclockers.com waterblock competition sooner, which I would gladly enter with one of my blocks.
If some of you are interested in how my system looks, here's my ftp place where there are lots of pics. of my watercooling experiments, check it out. My FTP server dir. .
Enjoy

Hi Igor, (morphling1) hey during our last email you mention you were working on another design and may have one ready soon. Email me or PM me. Keith

I have been speaking to a few forum members click in Solvene. I found a Solvene translater on the internet and it helps bridge the gap for me since I have became a member.

Last edited:
the overclocker said:
hmm, i am not sure about that bl;ock, looks like it has lots of surface area but the flow rate will be low.

but it looks like that have made alot of them possably they can be purchased?
I don't see how you came up with that. yes the channels are small but there are 3 seprate water paths. so they should flow as well as most block with channels 3 times the size.

res0r9lm said:

why would you need more flow rate? maybe I'm missing something here.
Because there is alot more friction with multiple small channels as oposed to one large one. Takes a lot more pressure to squeeze stuff through smaller opening than one big opening. But i don't think it matters all that much. Flowrate is overrated.

This wb will be very low flow restrictant actualy, it has basicaly only one 180 degree turn and thats it, and the chanells net cross sectional area (including the pins) will be ~70mm2 for one of the side chanell thats ~140 mm2 combined, and that's little more than 1/2" tube, so flow shouldn't be a problem.

DodgeViper I'll let you know when I'll have something ready, but not until end of April ,nice to see you finaly put everything together, looks good, so that inredible looking heatercore and Gemini WB is doiing good?
Btw I'm from Slovenia so it's Slovene forum and Slovene translator :) And I'm not spending lot of time there, I much rather hang on procooling and now here.

morphling1 said:
This wb will be very low flow restrictant actualy, it has basicaly only one 180 degree turn and thats it, and the chanells net cross sectional area (including the pins) will be ~70mm2 for one of the side chanell thats ~140 mm2 combined, and that's little more than 1/2" tube, so flow shouldn't be a problem.

DodgeViper I'll let you know when I'll have something ready, but not until end of April ,nice to see you finaly put everything together, looks good, so that inredible looking heatercore and Gemini WB is doiing good?
Btw I'm from Slovenia so it's Slovene forum and Slovene translator :) And I'm not spending lot of time there, I much rather hang on procooling and now here.
I was refering to your first one with the multiple channel Spiral. Your second one is damn cool. I don't see much restriction there.

I am jaydee116 at ww.procooling.com BTW.

Back