• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Yet another spiral design (Sort of)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Ahh, Ok no problem then. Yes it's more restrictant, but not too much either
And I thought it was you from the pic. of your avatar:)

morphling1:
I think you'll be interested in this thread it has some nice discussion about optimal base plate thickness and (though the model there is much incomplete) its variation with water flow and Al or Cu.
I will also post in that thread a link to your thread in procooling about your shoot out thread

I am by no means an expert here but I feel this input is needed as it has not been discussed yet. The design is superior for the amount of surface area coupled with the multiple channel flow rate from the center. The only factor which has not been explained is your base thickness. If you go too thin then the further out from the core the less effective the multiple channells are. What have you found to be the optimal thickness of the base?

Yes, I checked that thread, very good read. I will test my optimal base thickness with lots of practice. I'll first make 7mm thick base on testing block, then test and then mill away 1mm and again test. 1mm steps should give me optimal (or close to it) thickness for my kind of block and my pump. I'm a little sceptical that above 7mm should be better, but I'll probably made one more with 10mm base to see where the temp are going.

I was glad to know from your project after seeing it at [H]ard forum.
I think now we'll have to compare blocks also against a new type of them: the innovatek type.
It gives me mixed feelings, sadness for fearing spiral blocks may not be the best now and enthusiasm for a new development.

Back