LockHunter is a freeware utility which enables users to delete blocked files.
- Shows processes locking a file or folder
- Allows to unlock, delete, copy or rename a locked file
- Allows to kill locking process
- Allows to remove locking processes from hard drive
- Integrates into Explorer menu
- Deletes files into the recycle bin, so you may restore them if deleted by mistake
- Supports both 32 and 64 bit Windows
I recently set up a new Vista PC for my sister and have an install file running that won’t shut down – looks like this is a perfect tool to find it and kill it.
Running the program opens this screen:
Right-clicking on the file gives you this:
Obviously I have no problems on this PC but if you have some rogue process running, this may do the job for you. LockHunter is in beta, so use it with care!