We have another questionaire today. Rather than ask what you’ll spend, we’re going to ask about what you already have.
A little explanation is in order before we start.
What we want to know is how much money you have spent on whatever is in or an integral part of your top main box (include monitor(s) and PC-based sound, leave out items like printers) now. Many if not most of you have multiple boxes, we’re not concerned about those.
Many may upgrade piecemeal and have spent a ton over the years, but we don’t want you to count purchases that have since gone to hand-me-down heaven or eBay or paperweight paradise. Just what’s in there now.
We’re also curious about software, but again, a few words first. We’d like to know how much you paid (not the value of anything you got with the hardware or otherwise somehow “got”) for software you use fairly regularly.
Since this is a very international audience, it would probably be best if you just indicated what you paid in your own local currency. Since exchange rates have shifted quite a bit the last few years, we’ve asked when you spent most of the money so we can roughly approximate what any exchange rates were at the time.
Without further ado:
1. In what country do you live?
2. How much have you spent (in your local currency) on what is now in your top, main, showcase, whatever box?
3. In what year did you spend most of that money?
4. How much have you spent (in your local currency) on software which is now in your top, main, showcase, whatever box?
5. In what year did you spend most of that money?
6. How many video cards are in your main system?
Explanations and comments are most welcome. Send ’em all to the email address below. We’ll start posting results next Tuesday.
Thanks in advance for your answers!