• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Rosie RAC Harvest - Status/DiscussionThread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No I believe it is an issue with Rosetta, im no longer getting any WU's from rosetta to be crunched for the team however my Seti GPU client is chugging away getting all it can handle.

There are no announcements of server problems as of yet on the Rosetta home page, and I did not look at my BOINC manager this morning, so I'm not sure what this is all about.
molnarc, did you have any computation errors? Did your AV prevent the .exe from starting in anyway? Just throwing it out there.

No, I don't see any errors in the message log. Everything was fine and at about 7:10 MST, any requests for new work from any of my machines returned 0 new tasks.

I cant get rosetta to download any new work. It keeps asking for new tasks for CPU and it returns Scheduler request completed:got 0 new tasks. Ive even tried resetting the project to no avail.

EDIT - Finally back up and running!!

Last edited:
Well i'm a totaly fresh noob when it comes to this here just got started 3-4 days ago so unfortenutly all info i can give is that it looks normal here
Wish i could do more tho

STATUS UPDATE!
Team RAC----> 111,338 and #6 in the WORLD! Up from 48,546 on the 1st of the month, and only 8096 to L'Alliance Francophone and 5th Place!
Distance to Team China---> 0pts GOAL ACHIEVED!!!!!
Stay tuned to this thread tonight, where I'll reveal the 2nd Mystery Prize!

OUR TEAM RAC OF 111,338 HAS JUST PUT US PAST TEAM CANADA FOR 6TH PLACE IN THE WORLD!
TEAM CHINA HAS OFFICIALLY HAD THEIR DOORS BLOWN OFF AND WE ARE STILL CLIMING!!!!!!!
From here on in, this contest is strictly to see how high we can go! Keep doing what you've been doing and let's see where we top out! (If we top out, hehe).

I suspect that we will overtake the next team before the competition's end. Even though our team RAC is at 111,000, the last couple of days we have turned in about 150,000, making the next team within reach as long as everyone keeps pushing

Oh yeah, no doubt. I have faith that our new found powah will take us up one more spot.

STATUS UPDATE!
Team RAC----> 115,568 and #6 in the WORLD! Up from 48,546 on the 1st of the month, and only 1515 to L'Alliance Francophone and 5th Place!

Here's where we sit relative to other teams in our neighborhood.

Code:
[B][I][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Yellow"]TOTAL POINTS[/COLOR][/FONT][/I][/B]
28  	DSL Reports Team Helix  	 166  	12,784  31,785,737  	
[COLOR="Cyan"][B]29 	Overclockers.com 	         191 	115,567 30,798,065[/B][/COLOR] 	
30	Team China 	                 1613 	35,361 	30,572,204 	
31 	EMU--CompSci 	                 9 	36 	27,399,506	
32	HardwareBG ROSETTA Team @ BOINC  232 	67,925 	26,880,930
33 	MacOS X Users 	                 297 	58,285 	26,713,924

Code:
[B][I][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Yellow"]TEAM RAC[/COLOR][/FONT][/I][/B]
5  	L'Alliance Francophone          3092    117,083  108,205,762  	
[COLOR="Cyan"][B]6 	Overclockers.com 	         191 	115,568	  30,798,027  	[/B][/COLOR]
7 	Canada 	                        1023 	110,009	 114,049,653 	
8      (ESL)                           22286 	 90,939  202,726,042
9	BOINC@Poland	                1993 	 86,652   65,464,220  	
10  	VTC  	                          44  	 85,625   26,508,277
11	USA 	                        1241 	 85,272   57,625,359 	
12	BOINC.Italy 	                1943	 82,569   65,762,105

As we have neatly put Team China behind us, the 2nd mystery prize has been unlocked.
I'll be adding my trusty Foxconn Bloodrage GTI X58 LGA1366 Motherboard to the prize pool!
A great way for someone to get into i7! Complete with latest OC BIOS and full compliment of my OC Profiles to get you started! :)
This board has been the platform for all of my benching, crunching and testing for the last 6 months or so, and now it's time to try something else. I figured instead of putting it up in the classifieds, I'll give it away to one of our lucky contestants!
Here's a recent bench using this board:

Good luck!

W2F EVERYONE! AND KEEP IT UP!

Last edited:
Ok, I have all the PC's up that I can muster... Sounds like a wind chamber in my little office now, but I think its a discomfort that is worth it. 10 CPUS.... Wonder what the RAC will be for my crappy rigs ... LMAO....

Yay prizes!

As of about 20 minutes ago i have an Athlon II 245@3ghz (couldn't resist an OC. only 120mhz though :p) crunching away.

That brings my total to...

24/7:
[email protected]
[email protected]
AthII 245@3ghz

Part time:
Ath 4400+ x2@stock
P4 2.4ghz@stock
Ath 4000+@stock

BOINCstats has had us in fourth for Daily Average Credit (Credit/Week column) for a couple days now. The Dutch Power Cows dropped off like a rock for some reason.

Nice prizes Baditude, you're very generous:salute:

Excellent news on the prize, though I doubt I'll get it, thanks for your generosity!
At least this way I get at least a small chance since I can't access the classifieds, unless their rules have changed since last time I checked.
Also, I keep smuggling tasks back to my offline desktop using my laptop, which gives the CPU tasks, but I haven't found a way to fool my laptop into fetching tasks for my desktop's 4850 X2, so it's been idle for quite some time now. Any solutions?

Although I probably won't win anything, I am happy to help the cause and contribute to the team. Thank you for all the wonderful prizes Bad. Looks to be a great gathering of items. I drool over the chance to get my hands on a i7 rig :D

Everyone's got a chance guys. Keep fingers crossed.
Thx for your help.

Also, I keep smuggling tasks back to my offline desktop using my laptop, which gives the CPU tasks, but I haven't found a way to fool my laptop into fetching tasks for my desktop's 4850 X2, so it's been idle for quite some time now. Any solutions?

Rosetta doesn't currently support GPU folding. Apparently it's not as useful for the type of calculations Rosetta does. Using GPUs currently has two main problems for R@H, the first is the major rewrite of the code to support them (or waiting for cards to support the code) and the other is the memory bandwidth. Currently Rosetta requires a certain amount of memory per process and the cards can't effectively handle it.

You can check out this and this for more info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back