• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1st time OCing. need hand held >.> (FX8350 on Sabertooth 990fx r2)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
RULE ABUSE AMG

Anyways im still researching coolers off PcPartpicker and Canada Computers. im still rather fond of the H90, but havnt ruled out air coolers either.

From anything I have read the 120 AIOs won't really do much if any better than a high quality Air cooler.

I realize this. Pick it up try it out if you find it's less than you want put some big arse fans on it. You seem to really want it an it will bw better than the Hyper no doubt. I have a Thermaltake Water Extreme 2.0 sitting on the shelf right beside me. It handles a lot of heat with some good fans on it, it's also a 120x2. They do work and would get you further than you are now. I would just hate to see you spen the $100 and still want more.

I would just hate to see you spen the $100 and still want more.

It don't matter how much he spends if he is an overclocker...he will STILL want more. What does concern me is paying $100 or so and not getting what $125 might get or spending a $100 when the case needs changing to really get some radiator in the rig. Hehehe. Shett happens.
RGone...sterskizzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Well the H90 was a wee bit of a challange to fit in my machine.

had to mount the fan outside and cut some plastic out of the top bracket of my case (just the "looks good" plastic top mount)

So if anyone asks... No, an H90 doesn't fit in the Bitfenix Shinobi. unless you really want it to. >.>
inb4: "are you stupid/insane/developmentally challanged" no. its just plastic. and you dont see the top of my computer. it sits under my desk ffs lol

plus the picture makes it look a whole lot worse than it is. sitting at my desk looking behind the keyboard i can just make out that theres something up.

20141031_203111[1].jpg
20141031_203617.jpg

When looking to push cooling comes before aesthetics, if the temps drop then all is well!

Cooling dropped a bit, but im still happy with my purchase. i allways wanted to put an AIO cooler in because i love the look of them, the concept they represent and im hoping once the system sets a bit that i'll be able to push it more.

one thing im very suprised about is how WARM the air coming out of the 140mm exhaust fan for the radiator is. the block, tubes and fan exhaust are all noticibly WARM. its rather suprising. all that heat is getting pushed out of the system more efficiently :D

At least you know it's working. When testing just make sure you have it all cranked to the max.

It don't matter how much he spends if he is an overclocker...he will STILL want more. What does concern me is paying $100 or so and not getting what $125 might get or spending a $100 when the case needs changing to really get some radiator in the rig. Hehehe. Shett happens.
RGone...sterskizzzzzzzzzzzzzz

LORD Yes ...... once the bug bites we always want more. That's what started me looking at a mATX 2011v3 build which didn't last long my god playing on the Intel side can be expensive. Cooling is what you make of it but you need to look at your system as a whole as RGone just stated. This won't happen all at once as cooling can get expensive if you really get into that aspect of the hobby.

Bassnut you should find your old upgrading your loop thread and link it here. I have it somewhere but I'm on my tablet right now. I'll have a look later and see.

EDIT: Found it

Last edited:
so i have a question about plugging in the AIO cooler. i have the fan and pump plugged into the CPU_FAN and CPU_OPT plugs. however these both seem to be on the came fan controller.

i was hoping to controll the pump seperately, so i can have the pump running full and the fan running a bit quieter. is there a way to set that up, but the right way? im using all the fan headers on my motherboard now. 2 front fans drawing in, side drawing in, back pushing out, top pulling out (this ones the radiator)

Also, figured you guys might want a couple pics of the sillyness of my Radiator mount

20141102_144842.jpg
20141102_144915.jpg
20141102_144820.jpg

Last edited:
Some general FYI stuffz...

so i have a question about plugging in the AIO cooler. i have the fan and pump plugged into the CPU_FAN and CPU_OPT plugs. however these both seem to be on the came fan controller.

From what I have seen using 'search' most say the second cpu fan header is for fans that are push/pull. Push on one header and pull on the other so they would be regulated at the same speed.

As relates the undocumented header on the mobo that seems 3 pin; see the image below.
RGone...ster.

Fan Headers.jpeg

From what I have seen using 'search' most say the second cpu fan header is for fans that are push/pull. Push on one header and pull on the other so they would be regulated at the same speed.

As relates the undocumented header on the mobo that seems 3 pin; see the image below.
RGone...ster.

*snip*

Dont worry, not QUITE that stupid :p

I have CPU_fan, CPU_Opt and then Cha_fan(1-4)

At the moment, Cha_Fan1 is Side of case, Cha_Fan2 is Back of case, Cha_Fan3 and 4 are the two intakes on the front.

Cpu_fan is the pump, Cpu_opt is the Fan on the Radiator. and if i do add fans, they'll be on Molex adapters ;)

Kazlehoff if you want to run the pump at 100% all the time, just get a molex to 3/4 pin adapter.

Back