• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

woot 40k!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Congratulations!!!

40k takes a lot of hard work and you deserve it!

Congrat's on the 40K

I should be hitting 60K before the end of the night.

alien dork said:
exactly what i was thinking. what's folding? lol... great minds think alike. :D
The link bigdaddy has in his post will give you a good idea but I can try and give you a quick blurb.
Folding@Home is a distributed computing project that seeks to understand how proteins form[or Fold] in the human body. It is believed that when proteins misfold the result can lead to various diseases(cancer, alzheimers, BSE and others). So a team at Stanford University developed this DC project hoping to learn more about Protein Folding which they hope will lead to cures for these diseases. What we do is download a program to our pc's which uses spare cpu cycles to run the folding program. Stanford has developed a point system to help promote freindly competition amongst teams and individuals . Overclockers.com is team 32 and we are currently ranked 3rd in the world behind HardOCP and Overclockers Australia. So please join us and shout if you have any other questions.

PS. sorry for the threadjack Xeno

Last edited:
Back