• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

If you were gonna buy a 6800 ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

||Console||

What would you buy a 6800 what would it be a gt or a ultra ?
and more than that what kind bfg , leadtek , msi , i heard gainward is nice
I need a new vid card =(

Well i got the GT because the Ultra isnt much faster for the extra $100 it is. Also i got a PNY after being recomended from a friend to get it i havent had any complains yet.

Btw my old card was a 9700pro and this card completetly crushes it to peices.

thx 4 the replies , my 9800 pro died yesterday =( so i need a new card fast

That sux, i have 2 dead 9700pro's from doing frankinstein experiments on them 3 years ago lol. Altho my old 9700pro i replaced is still very fast which im sure you know cuss u had a 9800pro which is a tad faster the 6800gt is just a monster.

PLaying Doom3 or farcry @ 1600x1200 Max details and 4xAA 16xAF or 8xAF

yea i wasnt goona jump to a 6800 untill pice is out , but since this happend i just might have 2 =( looks liek im gonna have to be buying 2 of these cards one for agp and 1 for the next gen stuff after xmas

Well PCI-E even tho its faster, its still in its baby stage, Take AGP over PCI it took years for it to be mainstream.

The 6800Gt will or shouldp lay anything for 2 years to come. My 9700pro played everything for 3 years so far even Doom3 just fine, but after 3 years i got bord and wanted to try something else. So im hoping this card will last as long

Gainward's GTs is gaurnteed to run at Ultra speeds and are consistantly the best OCers on the market. (only thier Golden Samples tho)

PNY is a different manufacturer. They use the same reference design as evga. I have heard alot of stuff about pny having bad customer service but I bought an ultra from them when they first came out and they were great. They called me and kept me updated about the shipping and called or answered me whenever I called.

Sentential said:
Gainward's GTs is gaurnteed to run at Ultra speeds and are consistantly the best OCers on the market. (only thier Golden Samples tho)

I Agree. My friend has one. The RAM he OCed to 1400 Mhz.

SOON I'll have one... Very Soon. :p

Back