• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Our Team world ranking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

eaglescouter

Frustrating Senior SETI Nut!
I just checked our stats (sorted by daily output): http://www.boincstats.com/stats/team_stats.php?pr=sah&co=&st=0&or=12

Our daily production levels (as of yesterday) put us at #15.
Team Art Bell has daily production at #10.

I don't know about you, but I want to see us back at number 10 (or higher). We need about 30,000 more points per day to keep even with Team Art Bell's production levels.

If a Quad puts out a RAC of 4,000, then we are only short 7.5 Quads to take 10th place in world daily production levels.

What am I going to do about it?
I'm building my quad in August.
New Opteron 170 comes on line next week.
New Pentium4 comes on line next week.
5 new rack mount cases should arrive next week, and they will begin to be filled as the opportunity presents itself.

That's what I'm doing about it.

What are you going to do about it?

I am waiting on my E6600 to get here so I can build my first C2D rig. Maybe I'll add a few P4 rigs when school starts back.

What are you doing?

JamesXP said:
Would my Athlon 3200+ at 2.3 be good for you seti people?

Indeed it would. I am running one of those in my farm. Be sure to follow the instructions to install the optimized AMD client (Intel client will not work) so you get the best results out of your machine.

Can you point me to the instructions I'm kinda lost in these forums, and i've got a AXP 2800+ to add to the aresenal now :p

Well I can't boost my production that much coz im out of cash right now, but I managed to add one overclocked Barton2500+. Hopefully Ill add another socket A system in the near future. It aint much but better than nothing.

Hamm3r said:
Well I can't boost my production that much coz im out of cash right now, but I managed to add one overclocked Barton2500+. Hopefully Ill add another socket A system in the near future. It aint much but better than nothing.

One new rig adds to our total horsepower and is greatly appreciated.

So, what are you going to do?

eaglescouter said:
If a Quad puts out a RAC of 4,000, then we are only short 7.5 Quads to take 10th place in world daily production levels.
Waiting for July 22nd for price drops then 3 rigs are getting shiny new quad upgrades (at least one is going to folding tho), and I know I'm not the only one :D

I'll get a 945 (3.4ghz) crunching tonight too :)

*Edit: What are you going to do? ;)

Last edited:
I'm finishing up some climate prediction models right now, in about 2 weeks or so I can help out. It's an [email protected], and maybe I can get my roommate to help out as well.

In case you're wondering, yes, I'm new to SETI.

What are you going to do?

I just borged an Opty 170 system of a buddy of mine today and installed the chicken apps on it too. And I plan to borg another computer at the church my buddy belongs to also in the next few days, which is an A64 3700 machine.

Plus, there is the July 22 Intel price cuts coming and I forsee a Q6600 in my future also. Since I will then have an extra Conroe to mess with I guess I will be upgrading a slower system in my farm then too.

What are you going to do about it?

muddocktor said:
Plus, there is the July 22 Intel price cuts coming and I forsee a Q6600 in my future also. Since I will then have an extra Conroe to mess with I guess I will be upgrading a slower system in my farm then too.
If that puts them in the sub $600 range, Ill get one for the new rig I might be putting together. Ofcourse, might have to retire the x2 4400 in my sig, but if eagles right about the rac that would probably be a 10x increase (according to the seti sight, its only putting out ~390 a day with the sse2 generic optimizations, but its only running for 18 hours a day, a quad could do a lot more in that time)

Still trying to get the FX-55 back on-line along with a new Opty 165 and, hopefully, a speed increase for Picasso since it's going on water. I should have known the 4th was going to interfere with my plans last weekend but this weekend it's stag only - the wife and daughter are going camping. :) I think I can talk my son-in-law into running SETI on his slightly OC'ed 2600 - not much more but something.

freakdiablo - if you decide to retire the 4400 I'm still very much into 939 systems. ;) ;)
My 4400 (Picasso) is chunking out 1400 RAC (it's over 1500 ATM - woot!).

What are you going to do about it ...?

QuietIce said:
freakdiablo - if you decide to retire the 4400 I'm still very much into 939 systems. ;) ;)
My 4400 (Picasso) is chunking out 1400 RAC (it's over 1500 ATM - woot!).
Ya, dunno whats wrong with mine. Its been down for a few days due to network trouble, but still it never got above ~600. Well, for some reason it wont OC (started a few weeks ago) at all, a 50mhz increase with boosted vcore and a lowered ram divider and windows crashes after 10 minutes. But that could also be the mobo.

I pre-ordered my Quad Core CPU with the new stepping from TankGuys.Biz this morning. (And my wife will be putting another one in her new rig too.)

I'm stepping up with two new Quad Cores for the team.

What are you going to do?

Back