• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1090T Overclocking Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

imlose

Registered
I've only been building for maybe 3 years, so go easy on me.

As I discussed in a previous post, I can not get my 1090T beyond 3.5Ghz. I would really like to achieve 4Ghz stable. I am liquid cooled with a ALC Eco. Even when my CPU is pinned at 90% for extensive video editing, the temps do not exceed ~38-39C, and idle is about 27C, while at 3.5Ghz.

Whenever I attempt to go beyond 3.5, I get a blue screen, whether I adjust the frequency or multiplier. I've tried NB @ 2.7 and then cranking up to 4.0, and then I can actually load my OS, but it blue screens during shutdown, which I find odd. I have been too afraid to touch my voltage without someone giving me an exact number.

I'm sure its quite obvious what I am doing wrong, please tell me. Why am I having such problems getting her to 4Ghz?

Rig:
1090T
990FXA-UD3
8GB G. Skill Sniper 1333
EVGA GTX680 2GB
2x1TB Barracuda's 7200
Antec 1000W
I'm sure there is something important I am forgetting.

I agree with Manu read Dolks guide and then read it again, it's arguably one of the best guides for clocking that chip.

imlose,

You definitely need to increase your CPU voltage at this point. Just like you cannot expect a car to go faster without feeding it more gas you cannot expect a CPU to go faster and run stable unless you give it more juice. With the cool temps you are reporting it should be very safe to add .025 or .05 volts. Just make sure you monitor temps after adding voltage. That's the key to doing this safely. After adding voltage run a 20 minute Prime95 blend test with HWMonitor open to check temps. You'll be okay as long as core temps don't exceed about 60c and socket temps don't exceed about 70c.

Thank you all for your help, I now have her sitting comfortably @4.0 with very low temps. I appreciate all the input. I do not know why Dolks guide did not come up even after relatively extensive googling considering how good of a guide it is.

Make sure you test it for at least 2 hours with the Prime95 blend to make sure it's good and stable. Twenty minutes is plenty to check temps and voltages under load but not enough to ensure your OC settings have given a truly stable overclock.

I had my 1090T voltage up to 1.475, I straight up refuse to go 1.5 or higher but at that I was able to go 3.8GHz however the motherboard it was in wasn't ideal for that for long periods so I settled with 3.6GHz. Lots of people managed 4GHz with the 1090T (though much easier with the 1100T).

I had my 1090T voltage up to 1.475, I straight up refuse to go 1.5 or higher but at that I was able to go 3.8GHz however the motherboard it was in wasn't ideal for that for long periods so I settled with 3.6GHz. Lots of people managed 4GHz with the 1090T (though much easier with the 1100T).

Well, in terms of voltage limits for that processor, excluding the potential overclock limitations of your motherboard, you are good up to 1.55v, given you have appropriate CPU cooling that can cope with the extra heat and keep your cores below critical temps. Most thubans will do 4.0ghz with 1.5-1.52vcore.

Back