• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2.7 million credits in 1 week???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

4GHZ_or_bust

Now 6GHz or Bust!
I put my new rig on seti a bit over a week ago and I am getting maybe 2 or 3 WU per hour, they lasts less than 2 minutes on my 580's

I checked my profile to see if I'm spitting too many errors (bad overclock for example) and I am floored by the claim the new rig did a total of almost 2.7 million credits since I started. But I should be showing more than 200k credit per day and it's showing only 4150 per day average.

Something got messed up somehow and BOINC seemed to think my rig (a brand new one, new OS, new BOINC, new Lunatic) is doing more credit than most teams. Oddly it seems to think my AMD rig did only 440k total when I know it's been running longer than that, BOINC files has not been changed for a year.

The numbers probably got flipped between the 2 rigs somehow. Anyone know who are the right person on the web site to check into this?

PS it's showing only 1 GTX 580 but BOINC on my computer shows 2 in log. Maybe a bug with how the current version of BOINC reported hardware info?

Attachments

• monster_credit.jpg
    monster_credit.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 106
yea that is weird...But i am having a major problem also with getting work from SETI. My computers will run out of work before i can get new. Work will stay backlogged in download section. And seti will not give anymore work untill the backlog is clear...

Landon Oswalt

That is strange. on my main rig I got 10 days worth easy. My new rig is still struggling to get any extra works cached. I don't know if the new one finishes WU faster than it can download or if it's just hard to download anything.

The new rig's been running for about 3 weeks now, there should have been plenty of time for it to get 10 days worth of WU but it hasn't.

It's probably because your main rig is running 6.10 and your new rig has 6.12? From what I read, building up cache is better with 6.10.
Haven't tried it myself, but I will soon as their servers start giving work again. I can barely get cache for 24hrs as it is.

I feel your frustration...

Could be but I didn't save the installer files and some older ones (plus matching older Lunatics) can be hard to find.

Oh well, maybe new rig has to go on probation to make sure it's not feeding garbage? And that I'd start getting more cached wu when BOINC decides my rig is stable and reliable?

I downloaded 6.10 thanks for your link. However it's been 5 days now and my new rig's not getting any cached wu. Every wu it gets are processed and sent back then idles for a while.

I downloaded 6.10 thanks for your link. However it's been 5 days now and my new rig's not getting any cached wu. Every wu it gets are processed and sent back then idles for a while.

Log into your SETI account and look at the returned work, see if the units are erroring. This causes SETI to reduce the number of units that are sent to your machine, and can indicate machine in stability. Possibly memory errors.

Back