• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

6800 bios flashing questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
yeah from what i seen and heard the 05 favors AMD and ATI if you had a X800pro you would have scored around 1000 more easy.And yes its very gpu intensive but i have ran mine at 400/820 or around there and score less than that.You got my best score by 200 points.

do u have to use the RT and then change the bios to 6800GT. Im confused plz help

So far i downloaded my bios and saved the original bios. I then took the downloaded bios and applied the RT script. Now what do I do?

Hey guys, need help, does anyone have the original unmoddified PNY BIOS Geforce 6800 NU (Compusa Special) that they backed up from their card? I don't have a floppy so when I flashed mine, I couldn't save it, and now I need it. I'd appreciate it.

This is odd. I got my Nv5 silencer today. Installed that. Next I flashed a PNY bios with added voltage on my card, and that worked fine. Overclocked the card higher, to 425/830, and get this, my 3dmark 03 scores tumbled. Before I scored 12,700, and now I can barely score 12,000, and have even scored in the 11,000.

Anyone have any idea whats going on, maybe it change the memory timings, is about the only thing I can think of. I verfiied that it was still in 16x6 mode.

Again, if anyone has the original bios, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks
Indyxc

Ok well I can add this to my 6800 sticky, if one of you guys PM'S me detailed Info( so ican copy/paste it) on how to do this i can add it in thier and put credit towards you guys for finding it out. Cuss reading it on this thread im getting confused heh

The script that in the RT folder dosent work unless your pipes are masked by software.If they are hardware masked you need this script
[Common]
SrcFile = *.rom
BakFile = %filename%.old

PlugIns = ,BIOSChecksumGenerator

Src0 = 5F 10 C0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 20 C0 00 00 00 00 00 00
SCM0 = FF FF FF FF FF FF 00 00 00 00 FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF
Dst0 = 5F 10 C0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 20 C0 00 00 00 00 00 00

If any of you would like i can patch your bios for you if your not sure about how its done.But only for 16/6 configureration .I have to reseaarch a little more on how to cutom pipe like say 12/6 or 16/4 or any configuration possible.The 6800 le's might need something like 12/4 or 8/6.Since not all cards can run 16/6.Also some good news about this.With the rt softmod.I got some slight artifacts in 3D05 and and some bames in cerian areas.But with the ptch script and raising the throttle voltage its gone.So if your have some slight artifacting this might solve the problem.

Last edited:
http://www.mvktech.net/index.php?op...=26&func=fileinfo&parent=folder&filecatid=228

That is the link for an unmodified PNY 6800 bios. Also if certain pipes dont work or certain vertex shaders dont work you have to modify the script to unlock them.

http://www16.brinkster.com/uripui/6800le.txt

That is a site to show how to take what pipes you know work and convert the script to unlock the right ones. Right now I am not quite sure on what exactly you have to do because all my pipes worked fine from the beginning. If you guys can tell me though what pipes or shaders work or dont work when you try to unlock them with rivatuner I could possibly go back and figure out exactly what script you would need to use.

Yah I just noticed in IE you have to cpoy paste the brinkster link. I had not noticed that before, but I use opera so that might of had soemthing to do with it. Also do we want to get together online seomtime and write an adition on how to do the softmod for 6800 so CandyManCan can add it to the sticky?

the adam said:
do u have to use the RT and then change the bios to 6800GT. Im confused plz help

So far i downloaded my bios and saved the original bios. I then took the downloaded bios and applied the RT script. Now what do I do?

That script aint gonna work if you used the one that came with RT you need to use the one i posted above this post i think its 3 posts up. I can patch it for u with the right patch if you want. Then just drag the rom to your flash floppy and flash your card.Just uninstall NVstrap frist befor you flash it

Indyxc1 said:
Hey guys, need help, does anyone have the original unmoddified PNY BIOS Geforce 6800 NU (Compusa Special) that they backed up from their card? I don't have a floppy so when I flashed mine, I couldn't save it, and now I need it. I'd appreciate it.

This is odd. I got my Nv5 silencer today. Installed that. Next I flashed a PNY bios with added voltage on my card, and that worked fine. Overclocked the card higher, to 425/830, and get this, my 3dmark 03 scores tumbled. Before I scored 12,700, and now I can barely score 12,000, and have even scored in the 11,000.

Anyone have any idea whats going on, maybe it change the memory timings, is about the only thing I can think of. I verfiied that it was still in 16x6 mode.

Again, if anyone has the original bios, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks
Indyxc
Just back down some on the OC that core OC is really high start at the begining again and keep going til score drop.What bios did you use.You patched your pny bio i hope.Dont use a GT or ultra bios its not gonna help you any because DDR3 timmings are differnt than DDR1. And that could be why

yeah we should
Do you have messenger or anything like that Xfire something?
Also are you uripui in the 3dguru forum?.
Yeah and i did PM him to explain it to him a little better.But we could write something a little more in depth about it so guys who cant 100% unlock their cards can do this to..Im gonna work on something in note pad and ill send you what i do and you can change anything i screw up and make it better or what ever . ill get back to ya soon.

Last edited:
Sorry to your dismay I am not uripui form guru3d. I happen to semi understand his document though. The only messenger I have is aim and my SN is dneiuhs. You can im me what you have and I can look over it and possibly expand or fix any errors.

:drool: :bang head Well im still looking at this script thing and im having a little trouble figuring it out.But ill Get soon enough..lol that uripui i thought it was you because he is a newbie to that forum and singed on about the same time you started looking at that thread and his 6 post were all in that thread...lol And yep ill do that soon as i finish.If i ever do..lol Have you figured any more of it out on keeping the bad pipe and shaders off with the script? And enabling the good ones. :burn: :beer:

PS i have a ? about rt you might know the answer to. How do i set the vcore monitoring to check the right voltage.Right now its saying 1.2v but it said that with the stock bios also.So how do i pick the right settings.I know to open setup and click more then auto select and it gives a few options there. If you let Rt settings stick you get 1.2 volts unless you modded the idle vcore to 1.4v.I dont get it.Even if i force 3d it still shows 1.2v and thats not right.

Last edited:
I havent looked at his document yet as I am backing up and getting ready to install windows today. I will look at it once I get windows set up again and have benchedmark with nothin installed except the bare minimum. Als if we figure it out I might be able to write up a nice little program to figure it out for people. But I wouldnt set hopes up to high for that.

Writing programs ohh there is alot you have to learn. Lol but I think thats a bit beyond and off this topic. Also about your RivaTuner question I really have no clue. This is the first time I have ever used it or even ever overclocked a video card. I have just been reading a bunch of forum posts and whatnot recently trying to learn how to do it. I honestly havent even started messing with voltage options. I figure possibly if I get a betts heatsink for my vidcard i might start looking ito it.

Sounds good try a NV5 they are around $45 or less but are real good for keeping temps stable.Yeah i know writting programs is hard.I know it takes more than just reading a few articles.

Well I just got windows reinstalled and rivatuner says my card is 16x1,6. So now we know the mod truely works. Now just got to get everything set up and try some benchmarks.

Back