• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

6800 bios flashing questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I hate when that happens, or when you type something really long and then click reply and the forum has some kind error.

You can try to PM a Mod or Admin that one pics with the Pink cover to see if its ok or not. I like it hehe

Gigabit when you finish pm me the instructions and I will look them over to see if there is anything you missed.

i appreciate all gigabits help... he sent hours helping me.... got the pipes and shader unlocked, flashed the bois, everything was great.... except...... artifacts.....after the soft mod.... i had a lot of artifacts.... so i had to go back to the stock bios.... oh well.

i really appreciate gigabits help... and they say they are working on opening each individual pipes to work around the damaged one... so we shall see... heres hoping!!!

Color me curious if you can post the instructions, folks. I found my NV40BIOSSwUnitsMaskElimintor folder, it has this inside
NV40BIOSSwUnitsMaskEliminator.rts said:
[Common]
SrcFile = *.rom
BakFile = %filename%.old
HlpFile = NV40BIOSSwUnitsMaskEliminator.rth

PlugIns = ,BIOSChecksumGenerator

Src0 = 7A 40 15 00 00 00 00 00 00
SCM0 = FF FF FF FF FF 00 00 00 00
Dst0 = 7A 40 15 00 00 0F 3F 01 00
Where do I find the bios file to drop in the folder?

Impressive work, btw.

Last edited:
I would also like to put a thx out to gigabit cause he also spent hours helping me to unlock the shaders and pipes but like bradyapba I also had alot of artifacts.

How would I find that out? It's one of the CompUSA black friday PNY6800 specials, if that makes any difference.

Last edited:
gigabit said:
Just back down some on the OC that core OC is really high start at the begining again and keep going til score drop.What bios did you use.You patched your pny bio i hope.Dont use a GT or ultra bios its not gonna help you any because DDR3 timmings are differnt than DDR1. And that could be why

The overclock is fine. I'm running extra voltage through the motherboard bios, and extra voltage through the flash. Good cooling I used the PNY NU bios off the Mktech website, and it's suppose to be fine.

Here it is:

I'm thinking that either that, that bios has relaxed memory timings, even though it has no option to modify it, because my 3dmark scores went down. I also suspect that the memory timings might be low, because even though I added voltage, the memory overclock went through the roof. It's at like 850 right now! Either that, or I have too many drivers installed.

Problem is, I can't try it, because my waterpump sprang a leak this afternoon, so the rig is down.

So, does anyone have a virgin backup bios from their Pny 6800NU Compusa special?

Thanks
Indyxc

ColtIce said:
riva tuner can tell you that.it's in hardwarelevel/diagnostic report goto the bottom window,scroll down it will say which ones or none
I must be tired because I just am not seeing this anywhere.

when you first open up rivtuner there are 2 sections(not counting tabs).you want the top one,goto customize,choose the 4th window(graphics subsystem diagnistic report),goto the bottom screen and scroll all the way down it should be the last thing on the list

Indyxc1 said:
So, does anyone have a virgin backup bios from their Pny 6800NU Compusa special?
I'm running v 5.40.02.12.51
Don't know if that's the orignal, but I don't think I've flash the bios, just played with drivers. Lemme know how to extract it and I'll fire off a copy if you want it.

ColtIce-rt.JPG

thats what mine looks like.

thinksnow said:
This?or this (which is 1/2 way down)
the second one down.since your hardware masked you will need to create your own patch script to use with rivatuner.it's pretty easy and I can give you all the info you need but make sure you can open the pipes and shader first.

thinksnow said:
looks good.give me a minute and I'll grab the script

ok here's the script and all credit goes to unwinder(the guy who writes Rivatuner and this script
"SrcFile = *.rom
BakFile = %filename%.old

PlugIns = ,BIOSChecksumGenerator

Src0 = 5F 10 C0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 20 C0 00 00 00 00 00 00
SCM0 = FF FF FF FF FF FF 00 00 00 00 FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF
Dst0 = 5F 10 C0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 20 C0 00 00 00 00 00 00 "

minus the quotes
create a text file name it "NV4xBIOSHwUnitsMaskEliminator.rts"(minus the quotes) then copy the text inside the text file.you have to make sure you can see known file extentions or you will end up with a file named NV4xBIOSHwUnitsMaskEliminator.rts.txt after you have that click on it and it should ask you to point it to the BIOS you want modded.if you havn't extracted your BIOS yet I sugest you read this stickie first as it will give you all the info you need http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=342919

Last edited:
its u cause i can see it but I just wanted to tell you ppl that I could unlock my vp (which was vertex unit 3) but i couldn't unlock the pipes without artifacts (pixel unit 1 was the one that had the damaged pipe) I was just wondering what vertex units/pixel unit were locked in ur cards just to see if certain cards that could be unlocked had different locked vertex units/pixel units. So if ppl would pm me or post on the forum their units that were locked, that would be great.

Thinksnow those are deffinatly artifacts and so far there is no update to fix this. Unless u want to hardmod ur card

Back