• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

6800 bios flashing questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I just wanna know what voltage level 2 is in my pic. It says 1.4v.. Im thinking Voltage level 0 Is the 2d voltage 1.1v, and Level 1 is vcore i think which is 1.3v cuss i flashed to a stock bios to try something out, but i dont know what voltage level 2 is it says 1.4v what could this be ?

Ok I must have busted pipes or something?
even at 40c 420 1.1 @ 1.4 V craps out on me freezing up in a technicolor mess
I dont think powers a prob I gotta a 550W enermax
should I flash back and try and RMA?

No dont return it you got what you paid for a very good card even if it wont modded it will score 10,00 in 3D03 stock.Just try didnt pipes and shaders til you find out what one is bad.Then either me or shuiends can write you a custom script to unlock what good from the bio's.But right now i dont totally get the script writting but shuiends does and i think would be more than happy to help u out.Just pm him or me if you wanna find out what he will need from you to do it..Then you can sell it as a modded card get what you paid for and buy another if you want.But dont rma it you got what you paid for and if nvidia starts getting to many rmas(just because it wasnt moddable) the 6800nu might not be produced any more and that would suck.It aint like you bought the card and the store said i guarente this card will unlock if not return it.Also my core cant touch 420 either but my card is awesome so try backing down on the core.and see if that helps if not flash it back.But just because it wont do 420 dont mean any thing is bust.Sorry for rattling on but i do get upset sometimes about questions like this.I mean i know it aint what you hoped for but thebn you should have spent a few xtra bucks and got a 6800GT,The mod is a bomus some get some dont but almost every one gets one or the other

gigabit said:
Voltage level 2 at 1.4 is the 3D voltage,So RT should read 1.4vid core when run 3D aps

Are you sure cuss i flashed using a bios using 1.3v. Whats voltage level 1 then ? Cuss before when i flashed my card it read 350/500 1.4v, when i reflashed back to a 1.3v bios it says 350/500 1.3v

Look at this, this is a stock GT rev .01 bios from PNY. It isnt moddified yet and for the 3d voltage it says 1.3v, Now notice It says Voltage level 1 2 and 3.

1 says 1.1v we know that is 2d voltage, Level 2 says 1.3v and its green im assuming this means its the 3d voltage, but what is voltage level 3 it says 1.4v

This makes sense with riva tuner, Tuner says voltage level 0, 1, 2 tho instead of 1, 2, 3. So this mean that level 1 for riva tuner is the 3d voltage, and level 2 for NIBITOR 1.9 is the 3d voltage.

Also when i change the voltage in this bios in the tab exact mod from 1.3v 3D to 1.4v 3D, the green voltage in the tab VID mod in this pick goes to the 1.4v on top.

Also when i change the voltage in the in the tab exact mod, from 1.4v to 1.6v, a whole new bar pops up saying voltage 4, and it read in green 1.6v.

So to me this means i was right in Riva tuner, Level 0 is the 2d voltage, level 1 is the 3d voltage, and level 2 is the extra voltage the bios support but doesnt use cuss its set to 1.3v instead.

Correct if i am wrong cuss im not 100% sure or not

Nibitor.jpg

NIBITOR2.jpg

Bitor3.jpg

Gigabit do you have AIM so it would be easier to talk with you ??

Last edited:
try nibitor 1.9 and see what it says.I think 2nd voltage is throttle and 3rd is 3D and 1 is idle,I have xfire or messengerIt is really confusing but the readme say to use exact mode if you just wanna increase voltages.But in the vid mode it shows the 3D volts as throttle volts its weird .have you pmed the guy that wrote this program.

Last edited:
See why would 3RD be 3D, when the stoc bios you download, is set @ 1.3v for the 3d voltage, the 3d voltage in the one highlighted in the green. I reflashed to make sure my other 1.3v flash went good and riva tuner still says 0 1.1v, 1 1.3v, and 2 1.4v

Im ganna flash to a 1.4v bios and see what tuner says again

yeah let me know what happens.I think omni extreme is better for changing the voltages.It just makes it seem simpler.Have you tried OME.Because this is what it shows which i tend to like better .i just trust it more.Nibtor seems like a rip off of this and not as good.This a 6800GT pny rev3 bios but still should show the same voltage.

Last edited:
Btw that is the oldest OMNI extreme, FX 1.0 is the first version, the latest for Omni is 1.5, and no OMNI and NIBITOR are made by the same guy NIBITOR is just a new name, so the actuall latest version is 1.9.

My messenger addy is [email protected] add me so we can talk easier

Yea i always use that i just now started using NIBITOR so i can see what the 3D voltage is being confirmed @, and it is saying that 1.3v is 1.3v in green, and if you set it @ 1.4v it says 1.4v in green, and 1.6v it says 1.6v i ngreen and so on.

I just flashed to 1.4v and here is what riva tuner says, now it says 350/500 1.4v, with the 1.3v bios it says 300/500 1.3v. See im thinking that the extra voltage level isj ust what the bios is cappible of doing but that doesnt mean its actually running @ that voltage. Once i Extend the Voltage table, it givesm e another voltage option for 1.6v, when i select that it adds another voltages level, so together thier are then 4 level's. See all those levels im guessing is what the bios support's. and the voltage the card is actually running @ is that voltage next to youre clock speed in riva tuner where it says 350/500 1.4v or 350/500 1.3v for me.

This when i flashed to a 1.4v bios

Tuner2.jpg

This is a 1.3v bios flash

gt1.jpg

Last edited:
gigabit said:
No dont return it you got what you paid for a very good card even if it wont modded it will score 10,00 in 3D03 stock.Just try didnt pipes and shaders til you find out what one is bad.Then either me or shuiends can write you a custom script to unlock what good from the bio's.But right now i dont totally get the script writting but shuiends does and i think would be more than happy to help u out.Just pm him or me if you wanna find out what he will need from you to do it..Then you can sell it as a modded card get what you paid for and buy another if you want.But dont rma it you got what you paid for and if nvidia starts getting to many rmas(just because it wasnt moddable) the 6800nu might not be produced any more and that would suck.It aint like you bought the card and the store said i guarente this card will unlock if not return it.Also my core cant touch 420 either but my card is awesome so try backing down on the core.and see if that helps if not flash it back.But just because it wont do 420 dont mean any thing is bust.Sorry for rattling on but i do get upset sometimes about questions like this.I mean i know it aint what you hoped for but thebn you should have spent a few xtra bucks and got a 6800GT,The mod is a bomus some get some dont but almost every one gets one or the other

see sig...
Im running a GT which is why I think somethings wrong. a NU well Id understand that to not hit 420 @ 1.4V but a GT with awesome temps?
oops must have posted in wrong thread thought flashing 6800s meant all versions

Its does, you can flash the NU GT's Ultra's ect ect.

Btw 430/1.5 is a good overclock on GT so why are you complaining if you are ? Atleast youre luckier then some people, i know guy who has a GT that only ocs to 400/1140.....

What are youre temps with that DD Nv68 on thier ? I mounted my cpu DD maze 3 on my video card and my temps are 39-40 Idle and about 46c Load.

mR|bUNgLe said:
see sig...
Im running a GT which is why I think somethings wrong. a NU well Id understand that to not hit 420 @ 1.4V but a GT with awesome temps?
oops must have posted in wrong thread thought flashing 6800s meant all versions
My fault .Im sorry about that.I was in a bad mood yesterday.But even for a Gt you still have a decent OC and i still say you got what you paid for,Unless its a gainward GS and your told it will OC to a certian point you got what you paid and more.And even the GS's i dont think are guarenteed to hit 420.I just checked they are only guarenteed to 400/1100Whats a BFG 6800GT OC come clocked at?Do they gaurentee a certain higher clock speed?.I do know BFG has a pretty good tech line they helped me with my BFG fx 5900 when i frist bought it.

Last edited:
CandymanCan said:
Its does, you can flash the NU GT's Ultra's ect ect.

Btw 430/1.5 is a good overclock on GT so why are you complaining if you are ? Atleast youre luckier then some people, i know guy who has a GT that only ocs to 400/1140.....

What are youre temps with that DD Nv68 on thier ? I mounted my cpu DD maze 3 on my video card and my temps are 39-40 Idle and about 46c Load.

did I say 430? oh sorry thats my sig
now its locking up @ 417 1.1
temps are around the same 40-45c
taken it back down to 410 see what happens
I used to be able to run 425 1.15 stable on my old stock GT Bios
it just doesnt like that extra .1V (not impressed)
that and my 3dmark05 scores have decreased drasticly
went friom around 6000 couple o hundred to 5100?

Here's the scrennie you requested gigabit. Hope it helps.

Attachments

• rt.JPG
    rt.JPG
    64.3 KB · Views: 256
yes it does. But why does it say 128bit memory bus? It benches like a 256bit card.

$ffffffffff NVIDIA specific display adapter information
$ffffffffff ---------------------------------------------------
$0100000000 Graphics core : NV41 revision A2 (12x1,5vp)
$0100000001 Hardwired ID : 00c0 (ROM strapped to 00c1)
$0100000002 Memory bus : 128-bit
$0100000003 Memory type : DDR (RAM configuration 01)
$0100000004 Memory amount : 262144KB
$0100000005 Core clock : 324.000MHz
$0100000006 Memory clock : 299.250MHz (598.500MHz effective)
$0100000007 Reference clock : 27.000MHz

Mustanley said:
yes it does. But why does it say 128bit memory bus? It benches like a 256bit card.

$ffffffffff NVIDIA specific display adapter information
$ffffffffff ---------------------------------------------------
$0100000000 Graphics core : NV41 revision A2 (12x1,5vp)
$0100000001 Hardwired ID : 00c0 (ROM strapped to 00c1)
$0100000002 Memory bus : 128-bit
$0100000003 Memory type : DDR (RAM configuration 01)
$0100000004 Memory amount : 262144KB
$0100000005 Core clock : 324.000MHz
$0100000006 Memory clock : 299.250MHz (598.500MHz effective)
$0100000007 Reference clock : 27.000MHz

128 bit memory bus that aint right is it.I thought all 6800nu were 256mb even the PCI-E?Its not reading the bios right i think you will have to wait til15.3 comes out.Because i can not find any program to read your bios .So im sure RT is miss reading it to.Go here and down load everest home edition and see what it tells you about your GPU.
http://www.lavalys.com/

on my 6800nu I get 12x1,6vp perfectly, artifacts with 16x1...

Attachments

• biosinfo.jpg
    biosinfo.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 249
Back