• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

6800 bios flashing questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
the adam said:
So if ppl would pm me or post on the forum their units that were locked, that would be great.
Is this what you're looking for, my default pipes and whatnot?

Attachments

• original.JPG
    original.JPG
    52.6 KB · Views: 222
sorry to but in, but whats a good oc on a GT flashed to ultra?
I just flashed my BFG 6800 GT to an ultra and my coolbits 2 detect optimal grequencies
gives me 448 1.9 ....:eek: but even at 435 1.5 my card artifacts into a lock up.
them temp to at the time is 45c

still crashes at 430 1.12
no artifacts in any games or 3dmark05
just crashes even sitting at 42celcius
is this just a problem with running 1.4V through it or could it be the looser U mem timing?

thinksnow said:
Color me curious if you can post the instructions, folks. I found my NV40BIOSSwUnitsMaskElimintor folder, it has this insideWhere do I find the bios file to drop in the folder?

Impressive work, btw.
Ok that script(the one provide in RT)for software masked bios which i would say only 3% of the cards out are software masked. if you have ran RT and found that you can unlock all the pipes and vp's then you can use this script here to mod your bios
---------------------------------------------------------------
[Common]
SrcFile = *.rom
BakFile = %filename%.old

PlugIns = ,BIOSChecksumGenerator

Src0 = 5F 10 C0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 20 C0 00 00 00 00 00 00
SCM0 = FF FF FF FF FF FF 00 00 00 00 FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF
Dst0 = 5F 10 C0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 20 C0 00 00 00 00 00 00

-------------------------------------------------------------
But this script is only good for cards that have been tested with RT and found to be artifact free with 16x1 6vp. Candyman has a sticky which has the instruction on how to use this script.We will provide more script or instruction on how to mod the script for you card if say you can only open your 16 pipes but not your Vertex rixelshaders
------------------------------------------------------------
The adam and bradyapba sorry that your cards werent 100% moddable but you do have either good pipes and bad VP or vice versa.Test it with RT and find out which is bad and let us know which one's are bad and me and shuiends will figure out a script for your bios.

Candymans sticky::::::http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=342919

Last edited:
Just so every one knows I haved figured out how to only unlock certain pipes. It isnt easy to figure out and I need a good amount of info about your card if you want me to figure out the script. PM me and I will tell you what info I need then once I get it I will figure out the scirpt for you. Also I may possibly write a program to do this but I am not sure yet.

No its the same chick just a dirrernt pose..lol
shuiends
i have been looking at this stuff and i think im gettiong a little better but im glad you pretty much have it figured out.Thats great.I think imn gonna have have few questions for you that ill pm you with.Because a few things have me stumped.

the adam
Dude here is my bios shot my pixel unit 2 and vertex unit 3 were bad just like thinksnow's up above.

Allright I have got a bit lost in this topic...
I know that my card is hardware locked. I see that you guys have patch scripts to activate the missing pipes and vertex shader. I see you saying to make sure you can get them to work correctelly before flashing it with a modded bios to do it. How exactelly do I do that?

Right now i'm in the Custom Graphics Processor Configuration and I see...
card.gif
Now I can select the little check on the side of the disabled ones... am I supposed to check both of them, apply everything, then test? After restarting what if it's unstable how would I go back?

Check them off and then reboot and if it boots with no artifacts your 50% of the way there now you have run a few bench mark and up your OC and see if you have any artifacts anywere .

Ah allright I am at 16x6 and so far have been able to do 2 runs of 3Dmark03 and I got a "IDirect3DDevice9::present failed: Device lost (D3derr_DEVICELOST).
wtf is that? unstable? would flashing to a BIOS of 1.4 help?

Edit - After running some more and playing some games I have had no problems. Maybe that was just some kind of 3Dmark05 error unrelated of overclock?

Last edited:
PCGUY I have never herd of that error before so i would just ignore it. lol now you need to goto the sticky on flashing the 6800 bios at the top on the main nvidia foru page. We have typed out detailed instructions on how to flash the bios so those are unlocked all the time.

Yes that is how I was lead to this thread... i'm trying to find my max's before I go and flash. The script listed on that page is for the hardware locked ones right? Also I should be able to rip my BIOS from my card, come in and add the script then mod it to 1.4v at whatever clocks I want then flash the card correct?

So far i've been able to get 375/830 stable at 1.3v, I wonder what I can get at 1.4 :)

PCGUY112887 said:
Yes that is how I was lead to this thread... i'm trying to find my max's before I go and flash. The script listed on that page is for the hardware locked ones right? Also I should be able to rip my BIOS from my card, come in and add the script then mod it to 1.4v at whatever clocks I want then flash the card correct?

So far i've been able to get 375/830 stable at 1.3v, I wonder what I can get at 1.4 :)
You dont wanna run 1.4 to long depending on temps i know it didnt help my card once i hit my max it was the same at 1.2 as at 1.4 just hotter..And the rest of what you said is right .If your having no aritfacts now you can flash it now you have tested enough to know if you anyproblems. Sounds like your good for the script thats posted in the thread and below if you wanna copy it here..And just to let you know i can OC to 410/900 but my score's dont get any better after 385/820 even with 1.4 v but my temps went over 76c after like 10 minutes playing far cry.But your card has a better h/s but i still wouldnt chance 1.4 unless you only put it in the 3D and throttle only and idle at 1.2v

[Common]
SrcFile = *.rom
BakFile = %filename%.old

PlugIns = ,BIOSChecksumGenerator

Src0 = 5F 10 C0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 20 C0 00 00 00 00 00 00
SCM0 = FF FF FF FF FF FF 00 00 00 00 FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF
Dst0 = 5F 10 C0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 20 C0 00 00 00 00 00 00

Last edited:
Woot I love 1.4v :)
400/860 and only a few more 3DMarks untill I hit 12k :) (lost some memory clocks when GPU went high, but rather have higher GPU than higher mem)

Temps maxed out in 3Dmark at 80*C for about 1/2 a second, but i'm not worried. These GPU's are made for high heat, just look at the WARNING temp... 120*C. At that point it warns you and downclocks the card... you would need to get somewhere around 150*C for actual damage. And 1.4 is only 3D normal/idle is still 1.2v.
BTW I had to use BiBiTorv to set 1.4v, OmniExtreme doesn't read BIOS's quite right and says most 6800's already run at 1.4v.

Good to here it work PCGUY. I just check my bios with Nibitor and it is saying that my voltage is only 1.2v. Um maybe adding some more andI can get better then 390/784 out of my card.

I had to check "Extend Voltage Table" and "Extend Labeling" to get mine to work correctelly. I don't think VID mode works exactelly... after the voltage mod my VID went from 1 to 2, which is correct by reading NiBiTor, but it never leaves 2 when it should. I just used the "Exact Mode" option and set it to 1.4v.

This what Riva tuner reads for me. Im guessing now since i reflashed back to 1.3v, that the 350/500 then 1.3v is what my core is which is what it should be at, Whats that 1.4v tho where the 2 voltages are at ?

gt1.jpg

Back