• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD Athlon II X4 640

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yeah, think another brand might be better indeed.

Is there also a CPU that you recommend?

I think one of the FX 4xxx four core CPUs might be quite an upgrade from what you've had and is still only rated at 95W TDP. Just make sure your board supports the FX series. If you do get a new board look at the AM3+ 970 chipset boards.

And that fluid tip I will do that indeed I had with other products too that they just send the same thing back with a fix.

Or, without any fix. Believe me, I've been there and done that.

I will check for that indeed, think I am going to sell this board if I get one back. Depending on how much the upgrade board and cpu is gonna cost me.

Hey trents, I dismounted my motherboard and I am checking for the mosfets and I think they got heatsinks cause nowhere else on the motherboard I see multiple chips indicating that theyre mosfets although I still got no clue what they are.

I also see no burn marks, and I read on the site that theres 1 year waranty so I am nearly on time next month I got em a year.

Hey guys,

I tried calling the customer service of MSI but the number given on the official website doesnt work, so I emailed them dont know how long it takes.

These are the mosfets, the flat black things I've circled:

Proton, please put details about your system in your "Sig" so that it travels with every post you make. I had to go clear back to post #1 to find out what motherboard you have. This is a courtesy on the forum. You can refer to mine for an example. To access the Sig feature, go to top of page and click in Quick Links and then Edit Signature.

Attachments

• mosfets.JPG
    mosfets.JPG
    55.9 KB · Views: 44
I know I can put my signature right now, but next week half of it is gonna be new and diffrent types and models

Hey guys,

I am not able to contact MSI anywhere I tried my own country the number doesnt work.
and the regular support form also they dont respond.

So I am in the market for a complete new mainboard and CPU, trents I was checking your mainboard and cpu that you recommend but a friend passed me these benchmarks:
http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/cpu/display/amd-fx-8120-6100-4100_5.html#sect1

And now I am thinking of buying the i5, but I first wanted to check with you guys to see if its the best choice. I would like to have a CPU with which I can play all the games for the next 2 years on ultra settings.

Do you still recommend that FX 4 cpu and AM3+ mainboard, or is there a better choice for me?

Back