• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Amd fx 8150 stuck at 4Ghz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
BeepBeep was right CPU Spread spectrum should be disabled.

When you see a worker stop without a blue screen, I can't think of 1 blue screen in my overclocking the FX CPU generallythis is solved with adding a bit of VCore. 4.3GHZ @ stock VCore will not be ebough you have to add some VCore. Also what is you LLC (Load Line Calibration) set to?

Everything is pretty much default , only multiplier incresed to achiev 4ghz :) so I dont know number of LLC ..)

Ok we can deal with LLC later. You will be alright for now. Now have you made your 20 min run with Prime and 1.4v CPU yet. Like RGone had said, if not do so now and post back your screen shot of HWMoniter and the CPUZ screens he has asked for. I'll be around for a little bit but am off to Kingston later this aft. I can help for a bit.

Okey I will do it with default settings and 1,4 should I have all default or should I disable the green stuff and turbo?

yes default everything, turn off the green stuff and up yout VCore to 1.4. Do a 20 min run with prime while HWMoniter and CPUZ open

yes default everything, turn off the green stuff and up yout VCore to 1.4. Do a 20 min run with prime while HWMoniter and CPUZ open

So turbo on? Should I end the test if I get more Celsium then 61?

I hope I wont burn my proccesor :p

No .... Turbo is off. Keep an eye on your temps .... CPU MAX = 55*C - 60*C .... Socket Temp MAX = 70*C.

Those temps are max and we try to keep people below them generally 55*C on the CPU Cores. I have seen temps above these on my system but I wouldnt recomend running them.

I am not sure if I can cool my fx. So core #0 - #7 max 55 and Cpu max 70? When I got cpu temp 61celsium I will get warning message with high temp from my asus motherboard .)

You have thermal monitering turned on in the motherboard. That would be moniering your CPU Socket Temp.

I am not sure if I can cool my fx.

That is why we are starting from stock, except the VCore to see how your temps are. If 1,4v VCore is too much for you lets start at a bit lower .... 1.375v VCore or around there, if that amkes you feel better. These CPU's will shut down before they overheat somewhere round 90*C if my memory is right ..... I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong. We are just gonna deal with stability and we have found that stability suffers after 55*C to 60*C on most systems.

So no perfomance mode on at bios ez settings? Just normal mode and 1.375v :)

Yes ..... All green stuff off as RGone has stated earlier. Run prime for 20 min with HWMoniter and CPUZ running in the background and keep an eye on your temps. Post a screen shot when 20 min is done or you see a core error out.

News!! I did disabled turbo and other green stuff, I did increased voltages to 1.375 but everytime I tried to boot my windows my mouse froze !!!! Couldnt do anything with dat so I have to reset to default again. I will add some pictures of my bios setting

Attachments

• 28092012192.jpg
    28092012192.jpg
    561 KB · Views: 99
  • 28092012193.jpg
    28092012193.jpg
    575.9 KB · Views: 100
  • 28092012194.jpg
    28092012194.jpg
    502.7 KB · Views: 100
  • 28092012195.jpg
    28092012195.jpg
    521.6 KB · Views: 100
  • 28092012196.jpg
    28092012196.jpg
    482.7 KB · Views: 99
  • 28092012197.jpg
    28092012197.jpg
    361.7 KB · Views: 99
  • 28092012198.jpg
    28092012198.jpg
    355.5 KB · Views: 99
The mouse freezing I think is a USB thing. Mine does the same some times thouh not always. Just unplug and then plug it back in. I am not sure what it is that does it ..... someone had posted about it being a USB3 thing, try plugging into a USB 2 port ..... they will be Black instead of blue.

not sure if this is the same issue but hey it might help.

While I was doing my OC, at 4.3ghz my Windows Aero didn't work and I'd get the illegal sumout from prime.

Both NB and HT link were set at 2400mhz, so i backed those down to 2200mhz NB and 2000mhz HT link and Aero came back alive and I didn't get the Illegal sumout anymore.

From what I've read the Illegal Sumout is due to bad NB settings or not enough CPU NB VID.

I dont have anything plugged into usb 3.0

So Should I turn of green stuff again and increase voltage. Then When I get freeze I should just unplug and plug mouse ? Am I right? Or what can I do to run my windows right when I did only disable green stuff and voltages to 1.375

It looked like whole windows aero froze. not only mouse btw.

Should I disable enchance power down? I dont know what does it mean

Here is the screenshot with disabled all green stuff (only enchance power down on)-cos i dont know if I should turn it off.

I did NOT increased voltages. And it's stable with disabled green stuff

EDIT: I did tried to change the voltages first 1.375, then 1.350, 1.325, 1.30 And everytime I couldnt even load my windows, just frozen in loading screen.... With the same settings (disabled green stuff and everything default). Why is this happening

Attachments

• W3r8M.jpg
    W3r8M.jpg
    508.2 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:
Not at home right now but whenI get back tomorrow I will put some thought into your problem. I ahve never dealt with anything like this.

freezecz, what is wrong is you are in a hurry and getting well ahead of yourself.
boot to bios, press the f5 key, press 'enter' key twice. system will reboot with default settings, open the cpu screens that have been requested and the hardware monitor screen.
run prime 95 for 25 minutes and take a screenshot and post it here.

please abort the prime95 if the lines in hardwaremonitor "core temp" get over 55c.
this will give us a base line to work from.

Back