• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Amd fx 8150 stuck at 4Ghz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
after like 5-10 seconds of test I had to end it. Temps jumped instantly high

Should I try to test it longer? If yes, when should I stop or how not to burn my cpu :(

see below:

the cpu does not burn instantly maybe over 2-3 months of extreme voltage ant temps.

but you should keet socket temps under 65 and core under 60

Socket temp, feel free to reach 70c before you cut it off on an ASUS board.
Make that 65 for a gigabyte board.

Core temps, keep them under 55c.

Run the test longer :)
These chips can take 80c (about 75c socket temp) without too much problem, though I wouldn't recommend it, and it might throttle.

They are tested to 90c at AMD IIRC. however that is not recommended at all...

I may have a memory lapse, but that seems the problem from the last page or even the first page. Too much heat and not able to overclock. But then I am not the AMD master that others may be. I just use the things.

Drop 1 on your multy and try again ... @ 3.8MHZ. Like before keep an eye on your cooling.

Lower voltage to 1.325v in BIOS and try again...at 4 GHz.

Looks like the VID reading of 1.4125v was the Turbo VID, which means the real VID is the 1.28v listed now with Turbo disabled.

Your chip has both a very low Turbo VID (1.475v is common) and real VID (1.3v is considered low), which means it is leaky (will most likely consume lots of power and also run hot).

This doesn't exactly help your situation with the cooler you have.

Lower voltage to 1.325v in BIOS and try again...at 4 GHz.

Looks like the VID reading of 1.4125v was the Turbo VID, which means the real VID is the 1.28v listed now with Turbo disabled.

Your chip has both a very low Turbo VID (1.475v is common) and real VID (1.3v is considered low), which means it is leaky (will most likely consume lots of power and also run hot).

This doesn't exactly help your situation with the cooler you have.

Propably news ! I will mostly like get i7-3770k instead of this amd :)
So I will stop trying OC this amd for now :)
My questions are:
What intel motherboard should I buy when I will OC my i7. Is it worth it Ocing i7? If it is how much.

What cpu cooler should I buy to cool my i7 :)¨

How much can I OC my i7 with dat cpu cooler :)

Is it worth it buying these Kingston HyperX Predator 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 2400 XMP instead of my 1600?

Last edited:
You probably would do well to post that question about Intel in the Intel forum section. I have older Intel I run myself but am not current on later Intel cpus and do not really intend to be so.

I see the sort of thread where the poster wishes to setup a new Intel system and the guys that do Intel all the time are pretty sharp.

Propably news ! I will mostly like get i7-3770k instead of this amd :)
So I will stop trying OC this amd for now :)
My questions are:
What intel motherboard should I buy when I will OC my i7. Is it worth it Ocing i7? If it is how much.

What cpu cooler should I buy to cool my i7 :)¨

How much can I OC my i7 with dat cpu cooler :)

Is it worth it buying these Kingston HyperX Predator 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 2400 XMP instead of my 1600?

Back