• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD FX 8300 overclocking troubles.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Deja vu.
You're the same Trickson that blew up on the other forum, pretty much on this same subject.
At least you're consistent.

Good golly! And I didn't even get a chance to talk about the heat production resulting from an FX 8350 @4.5 GHz on a 990fx Giga board.

edit: Anywho, need multi thread on a normal budget? AMD has your chips. Need the best multi threading regardless of budget? AMD still has your chips. Need 300 watts for a FX? MSI does not have your motherboard, Asus does. They have 2 1/2 of them (I had the half). In fact, probably 250ish and up there are two boards, both Asus. Just sayin'.

Good golly! And I didn't even get a chance to talk about the heat production resulting from an FX 8350 @4.5 GHz on a 990fx Giga board.

Not sure what you mean by heat production dear sir, mine even at 4.7ghz 1.440v doesn’t hit 50c unless I decide to torture it... which I usually only do (often) during Winter 😁😁😁

It's still producing a whole lot of heat Kenrou. These Fx 8xxx chips just need a whole heaping of power when Oced. I know when I take my chips cold with Dry Ice the amount of DICE I go though using the FX 8xxx Vs my I7 6700k or 4770k is significantly more. I actually ran a test once with the 8350 @ 5.2 ghz and my GTX 580 Lightning Gpu on board. I ran 3D mark Vantage and was pulling 821 w from the wall for the system. :shock:

Epeen.jpg
Got it to 4.3GHz almost able to hit that 10K mark LOL.
Yep the VRM gets hot very hot if you do not have air blowing on it. I have active cooling on the vrm heat-sink lots of air keeps it cool :cool:

- - - Updated - - -

Deja vu.
You're the same Trickson that blew up on the other forum, pretty much on this same subject.
At least you're consistent.

Yeah you Snowflakes over at TPU can't handle the truth at least here they are more willing to listen to an argument and not be snowflakes and ban and run! FTPU!

Yeah you Snowflakes over at TPU can't handle the truth at least here they are more willing to listen to an argument and not be snowflakes and ban and run! FTPU!

I don't know if I'd poke that bear. LOL

Very nice CPU Mark score.

Want to know just why I think that cinabench is totally bias AND BS? If you ever look and notice that in there main frame all they give you as a reference against your AMD CPU is Intel! NOT one AMD it's like Intel is the bais for the test and that is that! Shifty benchmark! I do not trust it at all! No way there are no other reference CPU's other than Intel listed no way that is fair or even CLOSE to being true!

Back