• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD Phenom II 1050T OC @ 3.7 problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I've made some of the suggested changes i.e. turned off all power saving features, upped cpu north bridge voltage and frequency as close to suggested. HT link speed was already there. I couldn't find an xmp profile in my bios for my memory, any help where I could find that setting?

Use the setting in the xmp profile that you posted from cpuz spd tab
You have to put the timings in manually in the Dram timing section of your BIOS

could you help me with tras and trc settings? Everything else looks to be the same as stock but these I can't find/say something different in bios.

Your trc comes up at 24 so look for that number and set it manually. The trc comes up as 27 so look for that number and set to 41.

changed ram timings at your suggestion bumped clock to about 3.8. will test in prime for 20 min or so and send screens of temps and voltages

All looks good it's a better plan to up you fsb 5 at a time since it'll change your other frequencies. Test each time and when it fails up the vcore a bit if it keeps failing it may be one of the frequencies needs adjusting

Seems like to me your HT Link and CPUNB frequencies are low for the overclocked level of the cores. The Thuban core CPUs are said to like to keep those two frequencies in lock step with each other and possibly with the rise in the FSB. At any rate, your cache and memory performance will improve significantly if you get that CPUNB frequency up around 2600 mhz. Now that will require a bump on the CPUNB voltage to be supported. I find that 1.225-1.25 volts for that one is about right, though it can take a little more with some processors to be stable, say 1.3.

I had him set them lower so that when he raises his fsb they'll rise accordingly and shouldn't interfere too much

Right... So I'm at the same spot I was when I first posted. After selecting restart from the windows menu, my monitors die, usb dies but the computer stays on. This time I get a notice of "your overclock has failed, please enter setup". I haven't changed anything, I'm still at 3.8. This happens after 20 minutes of prime testing without error. The sleep problem and the improper shutdown are related. I've been at 3.8 twice now with the same results, prime results great, no shut down and now overclock failed after testing in prime.

I had him set them lower so that when he raises his fsb they'll rise accordingly and shouldn't interfere too much

Yes, and that's good advice, but now he's near the end of the overclock and he needs to implement that change to see what impact it will have on stability and make adjustments accordingly.

So prime passed and you shut down. Then you had a start up problem with that message? You're not stable. Either there's a frequency that isn't playing well or low voltage. I would guess at a frequency. How high was your ram frequency? for now make sure it stays close to the 1600 mark or below.

Right... So I'm at the same spot I was when I first posted. After selecting restart from the windows menu, my monitors die, usb dies but the computer stays on. This time I get a notice of "your overclock has failed, please enter setup". I haven't changed anything, I'm still at 3.8. This happens after 20 minutes of prime testing without error. The sleep problem and the improper shutdown are related. I've been at 3.8 twice now with the same results, prime results great, no shut down and now overclock failed after testing in prime.

craig_, what is your vcore at now?

Right I didn't notice he was already up to 271 on his fsb, and no I see your ram is only running at 1450

If you take a look at previous screens in post 27, that's exactly where after testing in prime I got the overclock failed upon reeboot.

But what Trents was saying is you need to up your v-core. You've got decent temps so I would give it a couple bumps

another weird error... upped my v-core 2 bumps, changed nothing else. 3.8 clock

boot to windows, my keyboard doesn't work for me to log in. Reboot and it worked. lol this is getting interesting...

Do you all remember what a pentium 4 sounded like? bumping along? tick, tick, tick.... I can hear my processor, I've never heard that before

With a lesser motherboard I would suspect that the HT Reference (aka, FSB) was getting too high and that causing instability in some slave buses like the PCI/USB but that motherboard should go 271 easy.

Back