• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD Phenom II 1050T OC @ 3.7 problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
With a lesser motherboard I would suspect that the HT Reference (aka, FSB) was getting too high and that causing instability in some slave buses like the PCI/USB but that motherboard should go 271 easy.

maybe I need to juice the HT, don't know if I have a setting for that in bios but I see it in hardware monitor

prime's been running for 18 mins no problem temp stopped climbing at 45 deg. v-core in hwm is 1.344 low 1.392 high

stepped out of my office for a bit, came back in and its nice and tosty in here. Now I've got a heater in my office.

Last edited:
I wouldn't worry bout the keyboard too much happens to me every once in a while. That cpu has a bade clock of 2,8 and you are hitting 3.8 might be the time you just need more juice to go higher.

I think 3.8 is going to be it. I cant get 3.85 to boot to windows at all. upped cpu nb voltage and v-core, still wouldn't boot. Thats still 1 GHz overclock, pretty good for a first timer. (with alot of help)

You have gotten a full 1.0 ghz overclock in that CPU. That's pretty good. You can't expect much more, especially given the variance from the overclockability of one CPU to another of the same model.

question though, if I added some more to my v-core/ cpu north bridge would that help with the sleep / weird shutdowns?

question though, if I added some more to my v-core/ cpu north bridge would that help with the sleep / weird shutdowns?

I don't think so. The sleep technology is a chipset function rather than a CPU function I believe.

You might just need a bigger bump of voltage. You're already at 3.8 that chip starts at 2.8 most cpu's get to a point where they just want a lot more for every MHz they give

well, I'm happy with it. I just wanted to see what this chip/board could do. I cant wait to get a 8 core with unlocked multi. Then I'll have some fun!!

Ya but it's not going to work when you're OC'ed apparently. Personally I have never had a use for sleep. I do engage the power saving crap in the bios once I.ve reached my 24/7 settings. So that when I'm using it hard I leave windows in performance mode. When surfing I use balanced to save some power but I always diable the sleep.
To me there's nothing worse than downloading a huge file and you're not at the PC. You come back and it's not done cause the damn thing was sleeping.
I just turn off the monitor and let it run all night.

I always disable disable sleep in windows so it won't do it unless I tell it to.

While setting up my oc yes I did. Now that I have it stable I've turned on all power-saving features. I've been sittin at 3.8 GHz for 3 days now, no problems except a graphics issue with Medal Of Honor I noticed last night. (could this be related?) My oc was tested for 3 hours prime 95 all power-saving features off and then again for 8 hours all features on. With features on I did get one core to fail 2 hours in. I upped my v-core a little and tested for 8 hours no prob.

Sounds like your CPU is stable enough. So it's unlikely that was the cause of your problem while gaming. Do you have your vid card OC'd ? Could just be the driver and medal of honour not getting along.
I just installed the 314.21 beta drivers on the weekend so far no issues. Got a decent performance gain with them over the 310's as well.

I'll check out the new driver, but no my gpu was not oc'ed. I'm looking into how to oc. Did some reading on it last night and did some bench marking to get a general idea of how my card does stock. I used to play medal of honor without any problems. Now it messes up and I need to reboot because all graphics are weird-ed out. Everything works fine with Dirt 3 and 3DMark 11. What do you use to stability test your oc on gpu?

Last edited:
MSI Afterburner has tools both to overclock the video card and to test it for stability, i.e. it has a burn in test tool. Have you checked temp on your video card? Has the video card heat sink become compromised with dust buildup?

Have you checked temp on your video card? Has the video card heat sink become compromised with dust buildup?
Good call on the temps trents :thup: Since he had no issues before. Cats and computers are quite a pair. :mad:

Temps are about the same as they always have bee about 50c idle and 70c under load.(stock fan settings) These are way higher than my cpu temps 20c and 42 respectively, but I think graphics cards get hotter, right? I clean my computer about once every 2 to 3 months, depending on usage. I notice very little dust build up while doing this. The last time I cleaned I physically took the card out of the slot and blew it out, nothing came out. My case is pretty wide open with lots of air flow. 2 x 250 mm intake fans, one on front of case, one pointed at mobo. 1 x 120 rear exhaust. As far as tools go, you don't oc your gpu in the bios? I've already got EVGA precision X which gives you some overclocking utilities, but nothing to increase voltage.

Last edited:
:screwy:@trents Thanks for the msi tools. I like the different stress tests.(triangle of death is my favorite :screwy:) On Afterburner I see about the same as I do in EVGA persicision. Core Voltage is almost to max and power limit is unusable. Whats a good overclock on a gpu anyways? While playing with precision, I am ususally able to oc core clock from 951 Mhz to about 980, and the memory clock from 2178 to about 2190. More than that, nvidia drivers crash and restart/games crash and burn.

Last edited:
Every card is different when your talking OC same as CPU's. My card is quite easy to OC I've went from 772 core to 910 2000 mem to 2400 and haven't even used the " asus voltage tweak software to overvolt yet. I do think u should be able to get more than 30MHz though.

Back