• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Amd phenom ii 970 be

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well this is embarrassing... I only hve 8 GB of Ram I dont know why I typed 2x in front if it. Possibly because i stole the layout from Trent :) and just typed the model in.
Well see if you're maxing out the ram, it's likely not the issue due to it running with the old card but you never know.

Well see if you're maxing out the ram, it's likely not the issue due to it running with the old card but you never know.

I'll check the ram usage later today when I get home and will also try with the old card. At this point I'm probably stuck either returning the gtx960 or buying a new processor...

Last night I tried changing the ram back to 1333 and lowering my timings to 777, but it didnt help the video issue.

I tried it again running the old card (550ti) battlefield 4 and watching tv/video as normal. I had the same issue where it got fuzzy so the symptom must be related to the OC.

The ram consumption maxes out about 55%

Last edited:
I tried it again running the old card (550ti) battlefield 4 and watching tv/video as normal. I had the same issue where it got fuzzy so the symptom must be related to the OC.

The ram consumption maxes out about 55%
Try turning back the OC and see what happens. Unfortunately, when overclocking there is no true test for stability other then real world.

One other question, how does one manage to play BF4 and watch tv at the same time?

Try turning back the OC and see what happens. Unfortunately, when overclocking there is no true test for stability other then real world.

One other question, how does one manage to play BF4 and watch tv at the same time?

I play bf4 and just have have the tv app running on the other monitor, I'm dead alot so many load screens and spawn timers :p

I'll play around with the OC some and see if i can get it to be more stable. Thanks again for all your help.

Wooohoo! I don't think I'll be able to do much better than this. I changed a couple things at got a 6hr run at 4.1ghz! I'll record the stats for posterity sake:

CPU [email protected] (llc enabled)
CPUNB [email protected]
Ram 1333hmz 7-7-7-21-34 @1.65v (this was originally clocked at 1600 9-9-9 I think lowering the mhz made it a little more stable)

Thanks everyone for all your help!

4.1ghz 6hrs.PNG cpuz4.1combined.PNG

Nice! Lowering the ram will put less strain on the IMC and in most cases help you push the Cpu a bit further. Did you test it also with the gaming and Tv watching to see if the issue still presents itself?

I just got done playing a 64 man bf4 and yes it bottomed out a couple times and got blurry. I'll prob just have to live with it unless you have some ideas to try.

That wouldn't be an issue then. Have you tried different drivers?

Originally I ran it with the only Windows 10 drivers, then I installed the geforce software and tried that. There was also an update yesterday because of the swbf beta. I installed that update before I played yesterday.

Originally I ran it with the only Windows 10 drivers, then I installed the geforce software and tried that. There was also an update yesterday because of the swbf beta. I installed that update before I played yesterday.
Do you have another OS besides 10...I know I've had weird issues with it so far...

Ok just figured it was worth a shot to see if the OS was the cause of it. I'm at a loss then, if it's still happening with the OC turned back, a different Gpu and different drivers. IDK then.

Back