• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

April Folding Contest Part #4 OCF UNITE! (I7 computer Grand prize)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
My folding name is Tyson and I joined Team32 on 3.31.2009

Just to be clear, I am technically an ex-folder (joined in 2004 or something) but had a really crappy computer and after folding I think 2 WUs and getting only 27 points, I sheepishly got frustrated and stopped :) I just recently started up again on 3.31.2009 after building a new computer but kept the same name (started before I had heard of the contest!)

You can verify this by looking at my total point count (27,694 as of this writing) and adding up the last 2 weeks (20,055 and 7,612 = 27,667, which leaves the 27 points that I had before 3/31/09). Hopefully this counts as being in the spirit of a new folder, but even if it doesn't, I'm still happy to fold for Team32 to try to keep MPC at bay!

My folding name is Neji415 and I joined Team32 on 4/7/2009.

P.S I really dunt get whats going on =\

i'd say you still have time. crank that puppy up and see what it can do

Am I too late for this contest? Do I have enough time to gain 50,000 points with my setup (In sig)?

You should have no problem. Your video card alone should produce over 4K ppd. That would only take 13 days to get the 50K you need.

You should have no problem. Your video card alone should produce over 4K ppd. That would only take 13 days to get the 50K you need.

Video card??? I can fold my video card? What the #@#!$@^% :eek: I guess I don't visit this section enough. I'll see if I can get it going tonight after work.

Video card??? I can fold my video card? What the #@#!$@^% :eek: I guess I don't visit this section enough. I'll see if I can get it going tonight after work.

and ridiculously well too, Im actually confused by that part, but hey as long as it works :)

My folding name is [email protected] I joined Team32 on 04/07/09 .

thanks to Bon3thugz43v3r and thideras for helping me set up :), was thinking about joining before contest but lets be honest this certainly motivated me to do it sooner , i will keep on folding after the contest is over , also i will be getting a quad a cheap one but none the less after that il try for that gtx 295 :)

My folding name is Neji415 and I joined Team32 on 4/7/2009.

P.S I really dunt get whats going on =\

We're having a contest to increase our membership and help us increase our folding points.

Read through Ozzlo's posts about the folding contest again, and if you're still full of questions, post up your questions and we'll take 'em on, one by one.

It's like any drawing, basically - you qualify for entries in various ways, and those entries increase your chances to win prizes in the drawing itself.

And Welcome to our forum and team!

OC

My folding name is ^LinuxNut^ I joined Team32 on 4-7-09

PS: im running Ubuntu 8.10 and i want to use both cores, cant find any options in folding to use both cores & incressing the nice % would be cool to. any help would be nice.

64 X2 3.2Ghz (oc, 3.6ghz)
8gb ddr2 800
ATI 3870

Last edited:
My folding name is ^LinuxNut^ I joined Team32 on 4-7-09

PS: im running Ubuntu 8.10 and i want to use both cores, cant find any options in folding to use both cores & incressing the nice % would be cool to. any help would be nice.

64 X2 3.2Ghz (oc, 3.6ghz)
8gb ddr2 800
ATI 3870

You can use all your cpu cores with the smp client by adding the "-smp" argument when you start your client.

Example:
Code:
./fah6 -smp -verbosity 9

To add your user name and team # use -config initially(remove later).

Edit

You'll want this client

More information ->here

Edit #2
You don't need to re-nice the f@h process.

My folding name is Bot I joined Team32 on 04/07/09
i hope a make the 50 before may 4th

Crossed

Hi,

My folding name is David_801644 I joined Team32 on 08 April 2009, however I have folded before, stopped because of system instability at the time. That was years ago.

Glad to be folding again.

Ummm...can any one plz tell what in the world is Folding ? ... .. What abt my system...any chance of me even getting a capacitor of the GTX 295?!?! =D

P.S thnx for the welcome....

Last edited:
Back