• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

asus sabertooth 990fx overclock help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
ok with multiplier set at 22.5 one of the cores stopped doing the test at 22.00 it ran good

A core dropping out of the test is one the kind of test failure but it means a little more voltage is needed, maybe more CPU core voltage or more CPU/NB voltage. Let's try the latter. So, change your CPU/Nb LLC to "Medium" and retest. Also, bump your ram voltage from 1.5 to 1.525.

ok just started the test set voltage to 1.5 and and there was no medium on the cpu/nb just high or extreme so i put it on high

What voltage to 1.5? Memory voltage? I wanted you to set it to 1.525 or even 1.55.

We may need to set the CPU/NB LLC manually but try it on high.

Capture26.PNG

Capture27.PNG

Capture28.PNG

this is what i have still flags one core on the test and it looks like ram v is already 1.5

Okay, put the CPU/NB LLC back to Regular and increase the CPU core voltage to 1.35. Why is it showing 1.308 in CPU-z "CPU" tab? I thought you increased it earlier? Looks like in post #32 it was up to 1.32.

We seem to be having a communication problem about the ram voltage. You keep saying its already at 1.5 and I keep saying I'd like you to change it to 1.525 or 1.55. Am I missing something?

i changed the cpu voltage to 1.5 on accident but i think i got it set now and the memory voltage i dont know what one it is i have dram voltage or memory frequency

dram voltage is what you want. DRAM stands for Dynamic Random Access Memory. We just call it ram or memory most of the time.

Okay, let's see the CPU-z "CPU" tab again to make sure we're on the same page.

ok dram was on auto and it was saying 1.647 but in cpuz it says 1.5 so i changed it to 1.55 and cpuz still says 1.5

ok dram was on auto and it was saying 1.647 but in cpuz it says 1.5 so i changed it to 1.55 and cpuz still says 1.5

NO CPUz tab or menu gives the memory voltage as it is. What you are seeing is what the voltage SHOULD be and not what it is.

You need to be using HWMonitor from CPUID.com to monitor all the pertinent voltages and temps.

Yes, the SPD tab in CPU-z displays not the current memory voltage but the manufacturer's recommended voltage for different frequencies. The "Memory" tab shows your current frequencies and timings but does not show current voltage, unfortunately, as RGone said. I now see where the confusion came from. I thought I explained that in an earlier post but maybe I was think of another user thread. Sorry about that. Your memory will not need 1.65 volts until and unless you try to run it at 1600 mhz. Right now you are running it at 1333 mhz so it doesn't need as much voltage. Mfg. states 1.5v but for some reason we find a little extra helps with overall stability. That's why I asked you to put it to 1.525-1.55v.

Later, after we get the max speed for the CPU mapped out in our overclocking, we will check out running the ram at 1600. But not now.

Is it the same core that quit before? Bump up the CPU voltage a little more. 1.365 or something close.

Back