• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

asus sabertooth 990fx overclock help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I think I would.

So, how do you feel about your effort. Is this your first experience with overclocking?

its my first time with amd and doing it the right way on my intel machine i had i would just set the multiplier up so thanks for all your time and knowledge

You're very welcome.

I realize some of the things we covered may not entirely have sunk in but each time you do this more things fall into place. The main thing I hope you came away with was an appreciation for doing overclocking in a controlled, systematic way in small increments so that it is a safe undertaking for the equipment and dealing with only one variable at at time in so far as possible so as to be able to pinpoint the source of failures. And if you can master overclocking on an AMD you should find overclocking an Intel a piece of cake.

hi so do you have experiance with overclocking nvidia video cards

Last edited:
hi so do you have experiance with overclocking nvidia video cards

Not really. I've played a little with NTune. Be careful, people fry GPUs much more often than they do CPUs. There is a video card section in the forum where you can get help with this.

I know that this is an old thread but I just wanted to say thanks. I started OCing a few months ago after reading this post and I've had a lot of fun with it. I used to be afraid of BIOS, but this thread helped me over come my fears and get the full potential out of my rig. This also helped me see that the automatic timings and frequency were not optimized for my RAM! Next stop liquid cooling! And Thank you!!!

I'm running:
ASUS Sabertooth 990 FX
AMD 8350 FX @ 4500 MHz
Cooler Master 212 Evo
4 x 4GB Gskill Sniper 1866 MHz
EVGA Geforce GTX 980 TI
1TB WD Black, 240 GB SSD R7
Rosewill Challenger case
Rosewill HIVE 650W continuous psu

Glad it helped, we have a pretty good water cooling section as well when you're ready.

Back